End Around the Marketplace Rules
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: End Around the Marketplace Rules

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Exclamation End Around the Marketplace Rules

This shouldn't have to be said, but it does, unfortunately. Our Marketplace rules regarding posting for sale ads are in place for a reason. It has been our experience that the OVERWHELMING majority of bad experience issues are as a result of new folks that are trying to do a quick hit and run. This is not a broad brush indictment of all new members. It is saying that new members are more likely to be the trouble makers. So we have deliberately put some road blocks in place. There is a minimum post count and time on the board requirement. There is a prohibition against running up your post count to get past the threshhold, something we call "sandbagging." We do this to accomplish a few things:
    1. Give new users time to absorb the look and feel of the forum. Learn the vibe (I think I just dated myself), as it were.
    2. Protect existing users from drive by operators.

If you are too impatient to follow these simple rules and wait it out, you have one option: become a Premium Member. This is the "speed pass" of HKPro.

But some of you may not wish to do this. You may wish to attempt to side step our rules via the attempts to sell by private message. Or to attempt oblique pricing inquiries while stating that you are about to sell the item. Do not do this. We have lots of established members that love ferreting out those who would abuse our good will. There's a special thread set up for them to report this stuff... right out in the open for all to see. There's a small but effective cadre of moderators and administrators who absolutely will drop the ban hammer for those who deserve it. Violators may or may not get a warning.

Wondering what happened to your posts???
    Please take a moment to re-read the terms that
    you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Help bring sense to the NFA world, join Hidden Content .

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Amen to the house of straightgrain!
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It'd be nice if PM privileges were not turned on until 51 post or premium membership. Not that it isn't fun hitting the 'new post' link and being inundated with a new name tearing up the board with one liner fluff posts to bolster their count.......actually no, it really isn't fun. Or the newbie chiming in on a thread with the ever popular 'I've got one, P.M. me" post.

This place has, whats a p.c. word for it?,.... maybe "evolved" over the last few months.
    one word...Thundercougarfalconbird

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

It's cyclical. The PM throttle is not an option...

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Certainly hope that new members read this!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Please allow me to put a fine point on the whole newbs using PM's to sell thing. Newbs are not allowed to list items for sale in the Marketplace. Newbs blind soliciting folks via PM's is something that will not be tolerated. If you have listed a WTB ad and a newb responds to you, feel free to use your own judgement regarding whether or not accepting the transaction is prudent.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Unfortunate that this has to be brought up again. Hopefully it stops soon

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Again, it's cyclical. New wave of sparkling members and it takes time to learn the ways of the forum...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by straightgrain View Post
    Again, it's cyclical. New wave of sparkling members and it takes time to learn the ways of the forum...
    That's the truth right there.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If it's an HK I probably want one.

I BACK THE BLUE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love the marketplace. I have bought 2 HK's, some holsters, and a sling from members here so far. Absolutely no problems with any purchase. Thanks for the diligence, straightgrain and Co.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links