Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Farewell to Jim Schatz (G3Kurz)

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    Was there ever any traction with collecting his posts into a "Book of Jim Schatz" here on HKpro in the reference section?
    Great idea--- like a compendium!!!

Tony
    bastardsonofelvis likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Before deciding on buying my TommyBuilt T36, I read every thread on the G36 here. I found Jim's posts invaluable. This is sad news to hear. RIP.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Was there ever any traction with collecting his posts into a "Book of Jim Schatz" here on HKpro in the reference section?
    This is a project that would require a significant commitment of time if undertaken by an individual... combing through and sorting all of Jim's posts. If the "community" did the heavy lifting and sent proposed posts to an individual or panel for review and selection, it would create leverage and make this possible. Private content in PMs could also be sourced, as he frequently answered questions through PM and included unique info not seen elsewhere.

To help this gain traction, I nominate SudS as the first member of the selection panel. After all... He's currently on an extended vacation, and even when he works. Well, he doesn't really work!!

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    And I get to do all that productivity from home, as I only go in the office three days every two weeks.
    "I'm not shitting in a bag..... Yet"
    - PSG1

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brn2xl View Post

To help this gain traction, I nominate SudS as the first member of the selection panel. After all... He's currently on an extended vacation, and even when he works. Well, he doesn't really work!!
    And when I do go back to work, I will be sure to mention your company to some offices I work with.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

And when I do go back to work, I will be sure to mention your company to some offices I work with.
    Come on now, SudS... Do it for HKPro... Do it for Jim!

In all seriousness, a group of us could tackle the review of nominated content and administer its posting to a reference collection.
    It would probably cause less brain damage than reading another "VP9" thread. Apologies to all those who've authored VP9 threads, I mean no harm!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brn2xl View Post
    Come on now, SudS... Do it for HKPro... Do it for Jim!

In all seriousness, a group of us could tackle the review of nominated content and administer its posting to a reference collection.
    It would probably cause less brain damage than reading another "VP9" thread. Apologies to all those who've authored VP9 threads, I mean no harm!
    I wonder if Pro had any way to dump every thread he was ever involved in? I suspect there isn’t that level of storage going on (Pro is no Google). If they could, this project would be fairly straight forward.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I wonder if Pro had any way to dump every thread he was ever involved in? I suspect there isn’t that level of storage going on (Pro is no Google). If they could, this project would be fairly straight forward.
    There has to be a way to run a report of the posts because the posts are all stored in a database. A quick search turned up this

I was subpoenad for a user's posts - how do you export a member's posts?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I’d help as much as I could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In this house we serve the Lord, but we use H&K.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Couldn't one just search for posts by G3Kurz and copy/paste them into a word doc or PDF and upload it to the forum? (I'm not volunteering haha)
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Couldn't one just search for posts by G3Kurz and copy/paste them into a word doc or PDF and upload it to the forum? (I'm not volunteering haha)
    Unfortunately, it may not be that simple. Jim has 4,089 posts. Using this site to search posts by G3Kurz turns up 71 results:
    If you search Google for G3Kurz, every thread that mentions him will turn up, not just the ones he posted in. The best Google search I can think of is to search HKPro.com for mentions of his location. That search retrieves ~1,170 results:
    "Location : Where the rivers meet" site:hkpro.com
    That's a start if Jim posted in ~1,170 threads. Although I'm not sure if that is close to the actual number of threads, and I'm not sure if we would be missing anything important by going that route. The best option would be to pull all of the posts with a MySQL query on a backup of the site's database into something like an HTML or CSV file. We would need assistance from an administrator to do that. @admin

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Sponsored Links