HKPRO Forums banner

HK is Runnng a Survey

10K views 51 replies 34 participants last post by  N8themilkman 
#1 ·
#8 · (Edited)
There are 11 questions, these are some of the questions I can remember.
1. What would make you trade in your current pistol or turn it into a safequeen?
2. What are the important/features to you regarding in purchasing a handgun
3. What do you thoughts regarding magazine capacity for the American Market?
6. Regarding Sights - What sights do you prefer and what do you like about them
7. Do you modify anything in your handgun, what are those?
8. What are "mission critical" features that are important and what are optional features that you want?
9. Regarding Modularity & What do you think should be.
10. Do you want to get additional survey from HK (email)
11. What other features are you looking for a handgun?

Hopefully, someone can chime in & finish the rest or correct some of the info. Thanks

#13 ·
It's working now:

Feedback and Feature Survey

1. What would make you trade in or turn your current pistol into a safe queen?

2. What price point at retail would make the handgun accessible and desirable for the mass market and not just enthusiasts?

3. What features are "quintessentially HK" and need to be maintained in a new platform?

4. What features are "mission critical" on a modern handgun design? What are optional?

5. What size(s) are recommended for the American civilian market? What magazine capacities to match?

6. What do you look for in a handgun purchase? How do your current handguns meet that need?

7. What sights would you like to see on a stock weapon? What features draw you to those sights?

8. What is your need for modularity in a handgun? What features do you want modular?

9. What type of modifications if any do you preform to your handgun?

10. We would like to send you more surveys. Please provide you email address (optional)

11. What other things would you like to see on a handgun?

#19 ·
Just took it and it worked for me.
A lot of the questions seemed shallow.
One that comes to mind was the question on price point; they asked what a good price point would be to make the masses purchase and not just enthusiasts.

I told them I didn't care. If I was worried about price I would buy a Hi Point.
I buy HK's for quality and reliability, not to save money.

#21 ·
Not 1 question about full size rifles ?

Did HK Corporate Forget they sell / sold great rifles ?

The Questions in the survey certainly seem shallow as listed...

I left my .02 comments for them to review...

#25 ·
Great idea guys. I can imagine that conversation in the board room. “You know we offer all these great rifles in Europe and we have 416 uppers that are 10 years old selling for 2X what a complete new A5 rifle sells for. Let’s make a new pistol!”

If I could bang my head against a wall any harder there would be a dent in concrete. The total lack of connection with their customer base is astounding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#30 ·
Unfortunately the AR market is way down right now. We'll see how proposed legislation goes, but people have been stocking up on them for years, and with The Donald in office, they aren't worried about stocking up more. Especially for $2500-3500 rifles or $1800 MR556 uppers.

Of course, we small band of HK brothers would snap up the fancy new big stuff fast, but they need to pay for that building AND pay down some debt. The majority of action on these boards the last 2 years is proof that the VP series has created more buzz and more new customers for HK than anything in a long, long time.

Don't get me wrong tho, it's driving me crazy that we can't get a lot of the stuff I see overseas. It's a little too pistol focused right for me right now, but I think they are doing a lot of good things in that arena.

#29 ·
It's very simple. HK wants some "low hanging fruit" so pistols are easiest to import and most people can swing a handgun purchase easier than a rifle. HK needs to make limited runs of the some out of production guns once again. Stuff like P7M10, P7M13, and USP Match would sell if HK marketed and priced it the right way.

As for the rifle, with HK's new GA plant, I'm sure we will see more US made rifle hit the market.

#34 ·
I’ll buy them along side you but the banned by name thing and the fact I doubt they could ever get the price that low says we don’t see one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.