HK MSG90 Clone - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: HK MSG90 Clone

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

308 is a good dude. I had to work out a few kinks, but overall it's been good. I've been waiting for Best Of The West to open their long range back up. I'm afraid it's down for good though with a lawsuit going on. I would recommend it if you have loads of patience, deep wallet to source the scarce parts, and the will to take on a project that can likely take several years just to gather parts. The build cost isn't cheap either. I was in the process of collecting parts when I finally decided to work out this gun with him. You can easily drop 5-10k on trying to build one of these now.

It's takes a desire as the parts have dried up, not that there were many to begin with.
    A voice from the past whispers in my ear, “Brethren, keep your powder dry.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKaltwasser View Post
    308 is a good dude. I had to work out a few kinks, but overall it's been good. I've been waiting for Best Of The West to open their long range back up. I'm afraid it's down for good though with a lawsuit going on. I would recommend it if you have loads of patience, deep wallet to source the scarce parts, and the will to take on a project that can likely take several years just to gather parts. The build cost isn't cheap either. I was in the process of collecting parts when I finally decided to work out this gun with him. You can easily drop 5-10k on trying to build one of these now.

It's takes a desire as the parts have dried up, not that there were many to begin with.
    I'm teasing about 308, clearly, i'm a fan of his work, obviously.

The build cost doesn't frighten me and I *think* I have some angle as my work takes me to Germany a bit. Parts are, as you mention, the whole story. Thus my interest. I'd rather do something unique and valuable and do a slight improvement. I try to limit buying a high quality of guns and simply stick to thinks I like to shoot. Btw, I haven't asked in your area, but check out these guys. https://www.missioncriticaltx.com/#! There are some people there that will be able to find you a 1k range.

As long as you enjoy shooting it and it's what you expected, I think it's a great weapon. Is it a value? Well, depends on the ability to bring it in under cost. that's really the whole story here.

I like your weapon. Need to pester 308 about how to find the parts...

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKaltwasser View Post
    He sold it to me :D. Here's the updated version.

Very nice!!!

Tony
    HKaltwasser and LeakyWicks like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links