Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Photos 21HK

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 21HK View Post
    It's not an actual pencil drawing. I took a photo of a heavy bipod and photoshopped it to look as though it was.
    My original photo is attached.

Attachment 90858
    You are a grand master of photography and imagery!!!

Tony

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    You are a grand master of photography and imagery!!!

Tony
    I get by considering I'm self taught but far from deserving any sort of master title and certainly not grand master ...thank you kindly though!

Image details
    Photos 21HK-4_edited-2.jpg Photos 21HK-4_edited-2-2-.jpg Photos 21HK-4_edited-2-3-.jpg
    Last edited by 21HK; 02-13-2017 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Photobucket and tinypic suck!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 21HK View Post
    Most excellent--- and most old school!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very nice work sir.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Most excellent--- and most old school!!!
    Tony
    Quote Originally Posted by Screaming .357G View Post
    Very nice work sir.
    Appreciate it....thanks for the comments.

The semi G3 was done on an old ORF flat about 6-7 years ago. Plans at the time was to build and finish with the nicest parts I had. The build carried into an on and off project that took longer than I wanted it to. Over the course of a year or two looking at a barreled receiver that was still in the white the battle field pick up look caught my attention. I dug out some worn but functional cosmetic parts and went from there. Out with the new, in with the old so to speak.

I just found the correct front sight on the CETME build and swapped that out this year. That project goes back to 2013 when I bought a bipod and metal hand guard. The past 4 years looking for individual model B parts really tested my patience but I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out. More details on the CETME build in a different thread...soon!

Here's a couple of shots by themselves but I'm kind of partial to the one I posted with both of them together.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

I really like the "worn" look on the G3--- with the pic, I presumed that you found the CETME Modelo B parts!!!

Tony

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I walked the whole thread. This far transcends photography and steps solidly into art.

If there were large poster size prints of some of these available, they'd be hanging up in my office right now.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fargo007 View Post
    I walked the whole thread. This far transcends photography and steps solidly into art.

If there were large poster size prints of some of these available, they'd be hanging up in my office right now.
    Thank you for the kind words.
    Unfortunately I didn't format these to any standard "print" size, if they are it was by mistake. All of what is posted here have been resized smaller than the original photo to fit, usually 800 x 600 (small) or 1365 x 768 (medium) so some of the detail is lost. The original photos are large and could be up to 4608 x 2592 pixels in size.

The gun prints I have in the marketplace were all laid out to fit a 12 x 18 frame, those are 5401 x 3601 and have a resolution of 300.

To resize some of these for a print would probably mean I'd have to crop, if room allowed, for an even margin or center the image onto a background but most likely the background margins would not end up symmetrical. From what I've read there is no rule of thumb. Even margin, wider top and bottom margins, or a bottom weighted margin where the bottom is larger than the top and sides.

Example done with the photo above on a 12 x 18 background. Frame is photoshopped. If you click on the image a second time after it loads it will enlarge again an can be + sized even further.
    Photos 21HK-12-x18.jpg

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Haven’t been to this page in a while, looks like some of my first post went missing.
    Must of been hosted with photobucket : (
    I’ll have to look into that when I have a *chance.

Last edited by 21HK; 01-22-2019 at 05:25 PM. Reason: * Missing images updated
    908ssp likes this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links