Page 204 of 247 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 206 214 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2462
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Let's See Your USP's!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by williamthewolf View Post
    The verdict is still out on my Trijicon HD sights (orange) on this USPc 9 which will be my new CCW.

I am more confident with the USPc .45 with regular night sights. We will see if that changes in time.

I think when shooting on paper and taking my time the .45 is easier for precise follow up shot placement as it leaves a bigger hole for me to aim for next, and the front sight post is smaller and less bold (distracting for slow precision IMO).

The HDs are super fast to acquire though and I guess that's what they are intended to do. Practice and more practice with them will help with accuracy.

And only us HK nuts can appreciate the subtle differences in muzzle and heft that come with the 9 vs 45.

Variety is nice! So why not have both.

Also need a better IWB holster. If I'm going to carry 4 o'clock I need something with a cant to minimize printing. Open to suggestions but need both stability and concealment above comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am a huge fan of the Trijicon HDs in orange. It did take some adjustment at first, but now i prefer them to the Meprolights. As you said, they are super fast to acquire. And as i get older, so do my eyes, and i really appreciate how easy it is to pick up the front sight with the HDs.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Let's See Your USP's!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    I am a huge fan of the Trijicon HDs in orange. It did take some adjustment at first, but now i prefer them to the Meprolights. As you said, they are super fast to acquire. And as i get older, so do my eyes, and i really appreciate how easy it is to pick up the front sight with the HDs.
    Deadwing- appreciate your input. I guess like with most things in life, the HDs require me to put in my part. Just so used to target sights and the regular night sights. I see every advantage the HDs offer. Just not quite taking full advantage. Once I get past the learning curve I'm sure they will be everything you and countless others say they are!

-W

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

The verdict is still out on my Trijicon HD sights (orange) on this USPc 9 which will be my new CCW.

I am more confident with the USPc .45 with regular night sights. We will see if that changes in time.

I think when shooting on paper and taking my time the .45 is easier for precise follow up shot placement as it leaves a bigger hole for me to aim for next, and the front sight post is smaller and less bold (distracting for slow precision IMO).

The HDs are super fast to acquire though and I guess that's what they are intended to do. Practice and more practice with them will help with accuracy.

And only us HK nuts can appreciate the subtle differences in muzzle and heft that come with the 9 vs 45.

Variety is nice! So why not have both.

Also need a better IWB holster. If I'm going to carry 4 o'clock I need something with a cant to minimize printing. Open to suggestions but need both stability and concealment above comfort.

Very nice--- your pics are most clear!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Very nice--- your pics are most clear!!!

Tony
    Thanks Tony !

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Deadwing- appreciate your input. I guess like with most things in life, the HDs require me to put in my part. Just so used to target sights and the regular night sights. I see every advantage the HDs offer. Just not quite taking full advantage. Once I get past the learning curve I'm sure they will be everything you and countless others say they are!

Well, if you decide you don't like the HDs, i'll buy 'em from you cheap!

Seriously though, sights are not a one size fits all thing, IMHO. I've got a friend who, no matter how much he practiced, shot better with standard sights than with HDs. He eventually removed the HDs from his gun and went back to regular night sights. He's a better shot than i am and consistently groups better than i do. His groups opened up quite a bit using the HDs, where my groups are about the same regardless of which sights are on my gun.

Anyway, since this is a photo thread...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    Well, if you decide you don't like the HDs, i'll buy 'em from you cheap!

Seriously though, sights are not a one size fits all thing, IMHO. I've got a friend who, no matter how much he practiced, shot better with standard sights than with HDs. He eventually removed the HDs from his gun and went back to regular night sights. He's a better shot than i am and consistently groups better than i do. His groups opened up quite a bit using the HDs, where my groups are about the same regardless of which sights are on my gun.

Anyway, since this is a photo thread...

Sights are finitely personal I'm realizing that more and more. I really do want the HDs to work for me. Come to think of it it's taken me several different trips to the range with any new sights to get the hang of em. I'll give the HDs a few more tries.

Good looking USPSc 9 btw !

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good looking USPSc 9 btw !

Thank you, kind sir!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sos24 View Post
    Kick ass one right there. Gorgeous.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sos24 View Post
    Very nice! I'd love a stainless USP for my collection.

Page 204 of 247 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 206 214 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links