TP9 Dakota Tactical Style
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: TP9 Dakota Tactical Style

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default TP9 Dakota Tactical Style

After many months of waiting I finally caught TP9 braces in stock at Dakota Tactical. The build quality is amazing and there is zero flex with this setup. No reason to SBR anymore in my opinion. My only complaint is that the brace showed up with a good number of scratches/scuffs as a result of the attachment hardware being unsecured and shipped in the package with the brace. It pained my to put it behind my unfired early import, but I emailed Dakota tactical with my concerns and to my surprise I never received a response. Oh well, I guess it is what it is at this point. It functions perfectly so hopefully my OCD will calm down eventually!

Last edited by andrew1182; 02-05-2019 at 12:57 AM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Very cool!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Andrew1182

Being of German heritage, I tend to be pretty particular about things and I would be upset about something I had purchased
    and waited months to get only to have it come in such condition.
    Dinsdale_Piranha likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HkCHUCK View Post
    Andrew1182

Being of German heritage, I tend to be pretty particular about things and I would be upset about something I had purchased
    and waited months to get only to have it come in such condition.
    I'm certainly not happy about it, but I sent an email the day I received it on the 24th detailing my concerns with pictures and have yet to receive a response. I've always heard great things about their customer service, so I'm hoping they're just dealing with a back log. Can't say it's not a sour point every time I take it out of the safe though. Hell, I waited a full week to install it anticipating them asking me to send it back so they could send a replacement.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Looks good! what's the trigger pull? a consistent 5.5lbs? I'm just guessing on that number, basing it on most trigger pulls for the popular pistols out there. Do the ejected shells have a noticeable impact on your strong hand? (it looks like the pouch touches the back of the hand when you shoot it)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
    Looks good! what's the trigger pull? a consistent 5.5lbs? I'm just guessing on that number, basing it on most trigger pulls for the popular pistols out there. Do the ejected shells have a noticeable impact on your strong hand? (it looks like the pouch touches the back of the hand when you shoot it)
    I've not measured the trigger on it, but I'd say that's probably accurate. The trigger is on par with most Glocks that I've handled. The brass impact is not really noticeable as it hits the shield and then falls into the bag. I'm anxious to get it out and fire it with the brace. It was fun firing off hand, but being able to shoulder it should make it a hoot!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I noticed that on your pistol the marking has MP9 instead of the TP9, do you have the full auto version of the TP9 (semi)? I'll be looking forward for your range report and your first impression when you clean her. I was thinking of the CZ Scorpion Micro but the TP9 looks just as good if not better because of B&T known workmanship.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
    I noticed that on your pistol the marking has MP9 instead of the TP9, do you have the full auto version of the TP9 (semi)? I'll be looking forward for your range report and your first impression when you clean her. I was thinking of the CZ Scorpion Micro but the TP9 looks just as good if not better because of B&T known workmanship.
    No it is not full auto. When they were originally imported one of the options was an "MP9" marked upper cover. They also came with a threaded barrel shroud rather than the proprietary QD barrel shroud that they have on newer models. I stole this one for $900 a couple of years ago when I stumbled across it in a small town pawn shop on my way home from a hunt in Mexico. It had 5 magazines, all paperwork, original case, original sling, cleaning kit, old school metal B&T brass catcher, and the MP9 marked upper with the specialized side rail for the brass catcher.

It's a really interesting design when you disassemble for the first time. Would this be your only subgun or do you have others? If I had to pick just one I would have a hard time choosing between my SP5K and my APC9. The APC9 is a work of art it's so well machined, but how can a child of the 80's take anything over an MP5? LoL

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I think you are set for the subguns collection! Very nice! I only have the SP5K and love it! Currently in a brace and no RDS as of yet, will probably dress her up properly sometime in the future since having a brace still legal to do so. I would love to have the SP5 if there is such a thing, UMP, APC9 all under my roof lol. Thanks for sharing!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links