HK SP5 Official Thread - Page 11
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: HK SP5 Official Thread

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Servo View Post
    I’d much rather have the soft case. They take up less room, and for everyone planning to SBR, the case is still useful.
    meh kinda sucks at the same time though...Why would you want less as a consumer imo?

Those cases go for $300
    Last edited by JohnnyBoi; 01-16-2020 at 12:55 AM.

HK Shooting Team
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly19 View Post
    @bystok maybe you can help me. I'm trying to mount a new SB collapsing brace (the MP5 model) onto my new SP5, and I can get the holes to align to within probably less than 1/16th of an inch, but not enough to allow the single pin to go through. Any suggestions you can provide would be great.
    I have never had or used a brace, but typically when the holes don't perfectly align you simply file the brace/stock holes on the side that is tight to create a wider hole for the HK pins. Don't be afraid and don't file on your receiver!!!!
    Heckler & Koch Shooting Team
    Heckler & Koch Certified Armorer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bystok View Post
    I have never had or used a brace, but typically when the holes don't perfectly align you simply file the brace/stock holes on the side that is tight to create a wider hole for the HK pins. Don't be afraid and don't file on your receiver!!!!
    Thanks, Derek. Before I saw your reply I updated my original post to include that I tried a soft mallet (as prescribed in the SB Tactical video on YouTube) to try to get the end cap to seat, but it's not having it.

Looking at the internals, the ONLY thing that could be preventing the brace from fully seating is the bar spring rod in the top of the receiver. I remember you ( @bystok Derek) in your video saying that the SP5 comes with the latest version of that rod - the same as the v4 MP5 if I remember correctly. I wonder if the upgraded rod is not allowing me that last 1/16th of an inch?

I suppose it won't hurt to file a little on the brace....because as you say, I ain't messing with that beautiful piece of equipment.
    JohnnyBoi likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)

Out of Jail and ready to play!!!!

Quite nice!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I can't just post the HK SP5 without the rest of the family .

Custom built AR15 10.5" SBR weighing just under 4.5 lbs excluding the Aimpoint T-2 Micro red dot and Aimpoint magnifier. Feels like a.22 cal when shooting with barely any felt recoil or muzzle rise.

Remington V3 Tac13 Semi-auto 12ga w/ GG&G accessories.

HK SP5 - Waiting on SBR and Mod9 suppressor to get out of jail. I have German made A2 and A3/f stocks put away. Not sure which one I'll end up using. Just a matter of waiting for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    blink likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

@Spanishcop , did you have any trouble mounting the SB brace on your SP5? I have the collapsible SB brace and it's a bugger.

Before breaking out the dremel tool, I'm going to put 100 rounds through it to see if it loosens up. Having said that, out of the box the bolt gap is 0.20 (perfect, I think) and based on a chamber laser sight, the gun is absolutely perfect out of the box. I'll post a range report in a day or two.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default HK SP5 Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly19 View Post
    @Spanishcop , did you have any trouble mounting the SB brace on your SP5? I have the collapsible SB brace and it's a bugger.

Before breaking out the dremel tool, I'm going to put 100 rounds through it to see if it loosens up. Having said that, out of the box the bolt gap is 0.20 (perfect, I think) and based on a chamber laser sight, the gun is absolutely perfect out of the box. I'll post a range report in a day or two.
    Mine slides on without issues. Now pushing the pin through or taking it out I have to tap it or use a small punch with some light tapping. It's pretty tight.

I got the SBT5A for the HK. I used the older SBT5 on my PTR9CT and that was hell getting it on. As for range report on the HK.... I took mine and installed the Shield SIS with absolute co-witness and I'm very happy with it. I'll post a link to my range report. It's about a 3 min video. Just testing accuracy at 25yds. I do t want to post here and mess up this thread with off topic.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Spanishcop; 01-17-2020 at 02:59 AM.
    Gilly19 likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for the response, Mike! I look forward to your RR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Out of Jail and ready to play!
    2 months max...that was fast.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spanishcop View Post
    I can't just post the HK SP5 without the rest of the family .

Custom built AR15 10.5" SBR weighing just under 4.5 lbs excluding the Aimpoint T-2 Micro red dot and Aimpoint magnifier. Feels like a.22 cal when shooting with barely any felt recoil or muzzle rise.

Remington V3 Tac13 Semi-auto 12ga w/ GG&G accessories.

HK SP5 - Waiting on SBR and Mod9 suppressor to get out of jail. I have German made A2 and A3/f stocks put away. Not sure which one I'll end up using. Just a matter of waiting for now.

Very nice selection of arms!!!

Tony
    Spanishcop likes this.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links