Wow very impressive collection!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

welcome to poverty.

N55
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Great start to your collection, what's next?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by N55 View Post
    Great start to your collection, what's next?
    Thank you very much! My plan was to build a MP5SD next off a SP5 host. However, I'm thinking it may be better to start with a HK94 instead so I do not have to deal with 922r compliance and have it sear ready. I'm still debating on what route to take with it. I'm on the hunt for a USP9 Tactical to take with me to HKPro's MP5 training course in Ann Arbor in September. If I don't find one in due time then I think I'll get my VP9 milled to accept an RMR. I have definitely fallen down the rabbit hole now.
    Hk 416 | Hk MP5SD(Build in Progress) | Hk SP5 | Hk VP9

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psifer View Post
    Thank you very much! My plan was to build a MP5SD next off a SP5 host. However, I'm thinking it may be better to start with a HK94 instead so I do not have to deal with 922r compliance and have it sear ready. I'm still debating on what route to take with it. I'm on the hunt for a USP9 Tactical to take with me to HKPro's MP5 training course in Ann Arbor in September. If I don't find one in due time then I think I'll get my VP9 milled to accept an RMR. I have definitely fallen down the rabbit hole now.
    I would definitely recommend a USP9 Tactical. Out of all of the pistols I own (CZ's/Sig's/FN's/Beretta's), the USP9T is my favorite. It's a dream to shoot.

If you're patient, they seem to pop up every few weeks/months. I did a UPC notification on gundeals. It took a few weeks, but once a site got one in stock below my limit, I jumped on it.
    SP5 - USP9T - T36KER

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nosbocaj View Post
    I would definitely recommend a USP9 Tactical. Out of all of the pistols I own (CZ's/Sig's/FN's/Beretta's), the USP9T is my favorite. It's a dream to shoot.

If you're patient, they seem to pop up every few weeks/months. I did a UPC notification on gundeals. It took a few weeks, but once a site got one in stock below my limit, I jumped on it.
    I have the UPC notifications set up on gun deals at the moment. I'm debating if I would want to cut the slide to fit an RMR once I get a USP9T. I enjoy shooting with RDS on pistols much more but not sure if I want to cut the slide on such a nice gun. At the same time I wouldn't plan on ever selling it.

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Psifer,

Welcome to the forum. You have embarked on the Red & Black road. It's a long journey and along the way you will empty your wallet.

You do NOT have to mill your VP9 to install an RMR on it - https://hkparts.net/product/optics-p...rmr-hk-vp9.htm

Just remove the rear sight, install that plate with the RMR on it and away you go.

I have not used this yet, so I have no experience with it. But if this is a direction you are interested in, it's $30 plus S&H.

IF you so find a USP Tactical in 9 (the only one I'm still looking for) you can do the same thing for it from the same people - https://hkparts.net/product/red-dot-...ize-p18898.htm

Same type of mount, only for the full sized USP models - $50 plus S&H...

Again welcome to the HK ENABLERS FORUM. I hope you like it here.

PS - DON'T LOOK AT P7's... or HK 91, 93, 94 roller locks or UMP or, or, or... well, HK are like Barbie for gun owners. You can dress them up or down and they won't complain and still do the job they were designed to do.

PS - LOVE your 416 - very well executed...
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

wallew,

Thank you very much for the warm welcome and recommendations. The only thing that I would prefer about having the slide cut is the ability to have a lower 1/3rd cowitness with back up iron sights and having the red dot sit much lower onto the frame. I don't really like how high the RMR sits on top of the VP9 OR when using the plate which also eliminates the chances of having the cowitness BUIS. I am now starting to look into HK94s as I think it would be the better route to use as a host gun for a full authentic MP5SD build that is also sear ready. From here on out I would like to acquire sear ready roller locks for when I inevitably acquire an auto sear. I could acquire an auto sear now but I don't think it would be a wise move to put a significant dent on my portfolio at the moment. I think it would be best to wait a couple years. I'm just hoping that the prices do not dramatically increase in the mean time.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

A lot more expensive than I had liked but I have just acquired an MP5SD parts kit. https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/869225289
    I had my limit set to $5500 as I had based my price off of these previous auctions: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/867479380 & https://www.gunbroker.com/item/868029208

The benefits I saw in spending a bit more for this one is the extra mags, mag clamp, sling, the excellent condition(other than the stock), AD dated coded parts kit, and the double sling loop. Sorry if I got in a bidding match with one of the members here. I was about a minute away from getting it for $4025 before I got into a bit of a bidding war. Looks like I'll be selling off some items from my other hobbies to fund my MP5SD build now.
    LBTac likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Nice looking kit. Another $5k for a donor 94 and $2500 for the build and you’ll be all set up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links