NFA Trust or CLEO sign off in WA state?

Thread: NFA Trust or CLEO sign off in WA state?

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default NFA Trust or CLEO sign off in WA state?

Should I just get the NFA trust and hopefully cut down on the wait time or go CLEO route? Any WA people have opinions about this?

Sorry for this duplicate post, I had this tab open from yesterday and submitted it on accident. Trying to delete it now.
    Last edited by explosive_art; 09-16-2016 at 10:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For the longest time, over 20 years, most could not get signatures so the trust/corp was the only way to do NFA without getting an FFL or just plain moving. Now the CLEO doesn't have any input on your purchasing decisions, so why bother with extra paperwork. As I see it, the only perk you have with a corp or trust now is that you can loan your trust held items to someone who is similarly on that trust. But how many people are OK with loaning out guns? Individuals can leave NFA in their will, so there is no concern in my book about that. For my money, registering as an individual was always the first choice, now is no different.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : North of one border South of another East and West of the others
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WATom View Post
    As I see it, the only perk you have with a corp or trust now is that you can loan your trust held items to someone who is similarly on that trust. But how many people are OK with loaning out guns? Individuals can leave NFA in their will, so there is no concern in my book about that. For my money, registering as an individual was always the first choice, now is no different.
    Doesn't a trust also protect your family when they are at home with the NFA items while you are out of town? The trust allows you to include them to be in possession of those items, while you are away.
    I am not an expert on NFA, but that is the way that I have considered it. More than just the idea of loaning items out to friends.
    Maybe someone will chime in on that, who knows for sure.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You don't need family members to be on a trust to protect them from being home with NFA weapons as long as they do not have access to them. For example a gun safe. Even if they "knew" the combination, how could the police, ATF etc prove they did if they didn't admit it?

I like the idea of a trust simply in case I die. I have a trust.

Again as mentioned there is NO CLEO sign off anymore as of July 13th 2016, only a duty to notify them. Make sure you read over a "how to file" post July 13th so you don't miss anything. You have to notify the CLEO now with both the individual route OR the trust now. Previously you did NOT have to get a CLEO sign off with a trust but now you must notify with a trust.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here:

https://silencerco.com/suppressed

If you are doing a SBR, SBS or making a silencer you need to use the Form 1, not the Form 4. I you are doing one of those just substitute the Form 4 with a Form 1 instead. Other than that, it's the same.

After that forget that you ever filed and you won't hardly notice the 1 year wait! ;)

Sponsored Links