Good people to deal with in Iowa

Thread: Good people to deal with in Iowa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Good people to deal with in Iowa

I figure I'd start a thread for Iowa HK enthusiasts to list dealers, FFLs, and others in the industry that are good people to work with.

I will start out the list by naming C.A.P.S. Iowa, (www.capsiowa.com), which is an approved training course for getting your Concealed Carry Permit in Polk, Dallas, and some other surrounding counties. Marlo, the instructor, is a retired Iowa State Patrol Captain, a cowboy shooter, and a heck of a nice guy. If you're looking to get you CCW license and live in the greater Des Moines area, I'd recommend him.

Also, if you're looking for ammo, check out Frontier Outfitting in Urbandale, IA. They are nice guys who really know their stuff. They are (or will be, as of early April 2008) Iowa's largest supplier of ammunition of all makes and calibers, including reloading supplies. Real good prices too. They beat Scheels' price on Hornady TAP defensive rounds in .40s&w by over $7 for a box of 20 rounds. Plus, you can feel good knowing you shopped locally.

That's it from me for now, but please list your favorite retailers, ranges, stores, etc. for all of us Iowans to benefit from!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like Jack Smith Gun Sales in Des Moines. He's very knowledgeable, a straight shooter and would never screw anyone out of a nickel.
    Captain Dave Funk
    Operator
    Hidden Content

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have always been and treated well by the gunsmith @ Butch Olfson Range just west of Plok City. "Mikey," is a great gunsmith as well as very knowledgeable about firearms. He'll work with you anyway he can as well as order anything you could buy "legally." TJ
    WE ARE HK, RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well except that "mikey" has the sig bug... lol... I will second dealing with mike has been great.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Midwest Shooting Supply in Cedar Rapids are excellent....went to great lengths to track down an HK45 for a fellow local shooter...

Cedar Valley Outfitters in Marion are great to deal with-Ernie and Kurt have never failed me in tracking down a reasonable price for mags or accessories....and they are willing to deal on prices!

Ammo Bearer in Iowa City is my preferred shop for hard-to-find stuff...and again always willing to make a reasonable deal....

Stay away from Scheels in Coralville ( retail price for used HKs...they don't carry magazines or new HKs) and Fin and Feather....both are unrealistic and poorly managed

Sponsored Links