Kansas - Upcoming Subgun Matches/Training in the Region?

Thread: Kansas - Upcoming Subgun Matches/Training in the Region?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default Kansas - Upcoming Subgun Matches/Training in the Region?

Crossposting in the KS/MO sections since I straddle the state line - curious if anyone knows of any subgun matches anywhere in the midwest that I could take my HK MP5/53's to. Looks like there have been some in Nebraska and Oklahoma in the recent past, but information on websites is poorly updated and information about current events is sketchy. As is stands, the closest match appears to be in NE TX, in the DFW area later this month.

As far as training goes, Tom Dresner was doing a 2-day subgun training as recent as 2011. Found these folks Mid West Tactical - Tactical training for law enforcement, military, and government personnel. south of Warrensburg, MO with a fair selection of classes, and am going to try them out in the near future as well. But it looks like my best choice for any training-type classes would be heading down south to visit Ghillie in OK as soon as a date gets established.

Not lucky enough to live in the AZ or Las Vegas locals, looks like they've got events at least once a month, those lucky (and likely, ammo-poor) folks...

Also want to check out this range next time I'm going through central KS...

The Outback park public range and firearms training
    Last edited by jt15550; 09-02-2014 at 12:04 AM.
    01 / 03

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Had a good time yesterday at a subgun gathering at Mill Creek Rifle Club in Desoto KS. Actually had a couple HKpro members represented, unfortunately I learned about this gathering short notice, didn't get to file a Form 20 (live on the Missouri side of the state border) and had to pistol-brace it. Props to Atlantic Firearms for expediting a brace so that I would have it in time.

Two MP5's, two Swedish K's, a PPSH, several M16's in pistol caliber, F/A Glock, Tommy Gun, MP40, MAC 10 all made an appearance. Only members of the club were allowed to shoot F/A, so alas, I was instead relegated to semi-auto. Still had a good time and a great way to spend a portion of the day firing various firearms and chatting with other participants.

This was the last gathering of the year, but send me a PM and I will put you in touch with the organizer to get on the mailing list for 2015 - should be 4 or 5 outings slated. Trying to convince the club that with enough full-auto members, they should expand their rules to include F/A shooting outside of special events.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Bump. Anyone know of anything within driving distance - please post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk HK, probably while driving.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Hey jt15550, might keep an eye on these guys down here in Wichita:

Thunderbird Tactical | A World-Class Shooting And Training Facility in Wichita KS

They are building a huge new facility.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jetnspector View Post
    Hey jt15550, might keep an eye on these guys down here in Wichita:

Thunderbird Tactical | A World-Class Shooting And Training Facility in Wichita KS

They are building a huge new facility.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll try and give them a call this week, and chat them up about hosting such events. And it's only an hour and a half from family, which helps.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

If you know of any upcoming events, please post! I've reached out to the person that conducted the gathering last fall, and will keep everyone posted if I hear anything else in the area.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Just got word of a get-together in De Soto, KS (SW part of greater KC metro) this Sunday, June 21st. It is a private range, so PM me for the organizer's contact info and more details. If it's anything like the last time, it'll be more of a 'shoot' and less of match. There will be plenty of firearms available to shoot, including mine. So bring some .22LR, 9mm, .45 ACP and the like.

Additional dates planned at this time are July 19, August 9, Sept 13.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Not really a match, but a subgun shoot slated for Wed May 2nd from 5:30-8pm at Hillsdale Gun Club south of KC.
    Address is 26719 West 255th street Paola, KS, 66071. $15 to enter the range or $10 if you already have a KS State Park pass.

Known calibers: All MP5 variants in 9mm, also AR-15 in .22lr, MP43 in 8mm Kurz, and PPsh in 7.62 Tokarev. Will be others, I'm sure.

Update - I'm having 500 rds of 8mm Kurz and another 500 of Tokarev shipped in if you want to pick up some on-site. I take credit cards.

PM me for more info.
    Last edited by jt15550; 04-27-2018 at 01:09 AM.

Sponsored Links