Gen 2 MP5 Mags Back in Stock
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gen 2 MP5 Mags Back in Stock

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Gen 2 MP5 Mags Back in Stock

Just got an email notification of this: https://shootingsurplus.com/kci-usa-...-9mm-magazine/

Personally, I have a few of these and each one has been flawless in my SP5...I highly recommend them.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Price is certainly attractive. I have a few of these but I don't know what generation they are. They run just fine!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I couldn't help it. I just ordered 4 more. Total delivered cost is $113.55 for a unit cost of $28.39 each. Great deal on these Gen 2 mags.

Next, order 4 more tiny South Korea stickers to put on them for easy identification....

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skullbox View Post
    Price is certainly attractive. I have a few of these but I don't know what generation they are. They run just fine!
    First gen have a parkerized/phosphated finish and came in green boxes whereas second gen have a shinier finish and came in a blue/white plastic bag.

There apparently is an updated 2nd gen according to this video: https://youtu.be/48f1EGRWQng

And his first 2nd gen video:
    https://youtu.be/vngBm2tX47g

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

These work great in my SP5K. Good deal.
    MK 23
    USP9 Expert
    USP9 Tactical
    P2000 9mm
    SP5
    SP5K

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have yet to experience a problem with the 2nd gen KCI mags over 500+ plus rounds. Not a torture test, but if they were to fail early, I'd know it by now.

Having said that, I consider my KCI Gen 2 mags "range mags" and use them as such. Otherwise, my "go to" mags are pure German. Translation: 9 out of 10 rounds will be through my KCI mags and the rest will be reserved just to give the German mags some exercise.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Pretty decent price. Ordered a couple to try out in my SP5.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

hmmmm, might be worth a try for those extra mags that roll around in the range bag or when you are not depending on them for situations where the occasional stoppage won't be a lethal liability. I'm thinking they might be fine for practice mags or light duty/occasional competition in matches where the mags are likely to fall or get tossed on the ground and get otherwise roughed up and dirty.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Coming up on 14 days waiting for KCI-USA to respond to a Warranty RMA request on a defective Gen2 magazine. Also attempted to contact them here via PM.
    2 bad magazines out of 4 is not a great start with a new customer. One magazine was replaced and worked great, waited a while to hear about RMAing the second mag.

<My avatar shows a bolt suspended between the feedlips that are way too tight.

Update: 3-4-19 Heard back from KCI-USA, RMA issued for my second bad magazine.
    I RMA shipped out the first bad mag the day before receiving my second order which included another bad mag. (I'm sure there was some confusion in the timing of RMA requests on my part)
    Last edited by Tangotag; 03-04-2020 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Update.
    CharlieDeltaJuliet likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I just checked the link again, and it looks like the price has gone up....perhaps we made a run on them and they wised up and raised the price.

With CoronaVirus hitting South Korea hard, it could be a while before they're back in stock. It might be wise to get one or two now, even at $35.....just sayin'.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links