New HK owner saying Hi from behind enemy lines

Thread: New HK owner saying Hi from behind enemy lines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Talking New HK owner saying Hi from behind enemy lines

Hi fellow oppressed MA gun owners.

I accomplished the impossible! Last week I picked up a USP fullsized 9mm and couldn't be happier. She's a tackdriver and looks fantastic for the age. No pictures but is there really much to show? We all know what they look like.

Now the trick is to find some preban mags. The gun came with 1 and I absolutely refuse to use the 10rd cripple mags. Anyone have a source??

Happy shooting!

Rob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Congrats on your purchase, I hope you didn't have to pay Massachusetts price for it. Now get out there and shoot it.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"saying Hi from behind enemy lines"

Funny, glad your now armed.

HKGuitarfingers1

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    "saying Hi from behind enemy lines"

Funny, glad your now armed.

HKGuitarfingers1

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to HKPro. Look in the classifieds here in this forum, they do come up once in a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nope, didn't pay the usual MA premium price. I'm a deal hunter and my patience paid off. I also found a source for preban mags and picked up all they had so in that department I'm good.

This past weekend I did a shoot-off between a few of my other full sized pistols. I know I'll get groans, but here is my honest opinion.

92FS - Winner (My IPSC gun. With many thousands of rounds through it, I had better be proficient.)
    Glock 22 - Abysmal. Never shot well with it so I shouldn't even add it to the list, but there it is.
    USP vs 226 - Tie for accuracy but with slight preference to the USP for being lighter weight more naturally pointing.

However it wasn't all roses. The first downside with the USP is the mag release. Just like my SW99, it forces me to change my grip in order to drop the mag. With some practice I'm sure I could get it, but for now it won't be going to a match with me.

Also the checkering on the front of the grip is a bit harsh. Compared to any of my other guns, it' like holding onto a bed of nails. I don't dare take a file to it so I may be forced to wear a shooting glove on my right hand. And with the stories of the Hogue handall grips riding up and/or down, I don't think I'll be going that direction.

Well, that's it folks. Thanks for the welcome and I hope to be a bit more active here as my USP travels to the range more often.
    Last edited by Robert; 02-15-2010 at 09:08 PM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Hi fellow oppressed MA gun owners.

Rob
    You can actually get "hi-cap" mags and YOU think YOU'RE behind enemy lines. Here in the people's republic of CA, Hi-cap mags have been banned for a DECADE and we can't legally acquire them. Only possess if we had them BEFORE 2000.

Don't even let me hear you complaining.

Oh, BTW most all HK's in CA or banned either by name or by not being on the "approved lists" Had to jump though hoops to get my HK45.

yep - no complaining in MA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I know. CA has it bad. I have family that lives in CA and whenever they visit me, they cry when they see my safes. I have AR's, AK's, and a whole array of banned, evil, terror inspiring guns with horrifying 15rd+ mags. (all legally acquired) Oh the humanity!

BTW, for me, mags over 10rds had to be manufactured before 1994 and the truly evil pistols (Glocks, HK, Kimber, Springfield, and so many others...) had to be in state before 1998.

Maybe one day I'll have the fortitude and ability to move to a 'free state' like NH. But until then, I'll keep shooting and fighting the good fight.
    Last edited by Robert; 02-16-2010 at 04:13 AM.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Robert,

I lived in Mass before moving to NH for graduate school. 6 months to the day after I moved I gained 'official' NH resident status, bought a .45 USP Tactical, and put in the paperwork for my suppressor. I've since graduated, but have found excuses to stay 8.5 years now, and have NO PLANS of EVER moving back to Mass!

Congrats on your USP9 though, that's a tough find in Mass. My first HK was purchased in Mass too, before I came to NH. It was a mint HK94 I bought in Raynham for (only) $3200!

As for the grip on your USP9, I agree that Hogues aren't that great (plus they make the grip even fatter). However, you should consider a Pachmyr slip on grip. It's similar in appearance to the Hogue, but it's lightly stippled, and is tight-fitting. Mine haven't slipped (I have them on all of my USPs), and they don't add much girth to the grip itself. I think they're super comfortable, and they're not very expensive. You should definitely explore that as an option.

Best of luck to you down there, and I sincerely hope you continue to "fight the good fight".

NoComp
    "The solution to a given problem is found not by answering a question
    correctly, but rather by posing the correct question." ~Me

Live free or Die

Sponsored Links