GOOD NEWS for mASS residents!!!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GOOD NEWS for mASS residents!!!!!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Still no word. This place is still one of the worst gun ownership states to reside in!
    Better to have it and not need it..........even better to have them all!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not much to say here in Mass. Gun laws are strict, and we are bbusy seeing our teams win in sports :)

Boston Redsox
    New England Patriots
    Boston College
    Boston Celtics
    Boston Bruins
    New England Revolution (i saw it on the news)

Let the good time roll!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kick ass in sports ...... suck ass in HK coolness!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by kiehtan View Post
    Massachusetts sucks! I hate living here, well, as far as the gun issue goes anyway.
    move on up. LIVE FREE OR DIE

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Always trying to convince the wife to pack up and move up! It sucks going into NH shops and seeing all of the HK coolness staring at me to take them home and I can not! Poor things sitting in that cold showcase. I just want to put them in a warm loving environment. Like my hand at the range and then tuck them in my safe with some HK brothers and sisters. I wish I could adopt more............Stupid Mass laws.........

On a lighter note, State Line Gun Shop (in NH) had a decent HK marked Benelli M1 Super 90 for around $700 about a month ago. If anyone might be interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was reading your MA gun laws the other day - WOWW! What a bunch of unintelligible drivel. You guys are worse than CT! (my state)

Hey is it legal for out of state residents to purchase rifles in New Hampshire?

I can keep them out of state - I just really want a real HK and most models or "Features" are banned in my state. :(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by infrared View Post
    I was reading your MA gun laws the other day - WOWW! What a bunch of unintelligible drivel. You guys are worse than CT! (my state)

Hey is it legal for out of state residents to purchase rifles in New Hampshire?

I can keep them out of state - I just really want a real HK and most models or "Features" are banned in my state. :(
    NO it is not legal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thefryzone View Post
    NO it is not legal.
    Actually I Emailed Pro-Gun New Hampshire and got a reply that said:

There is no New Hampshire state law regarding non-residents purchasing long guns (rifles or shotguns), but federal law applies: federal law allows you to buy a rifle or shotgun from an out-of-state FFL (Federal Firearms Licensee) in an over-the-counter transaction; that is, you can come to New Hampshire, buy a rifle or shotgun from a licensed dealer (such as a gun store), and take possession of it on the spot.

For handguns, however, federal law (in addition to New Hampshire's RSA 159:8-a) prohibits non-residents from taking possession of a handgun in New Hampshire. In fact, federal law says you may not take possession of a handgun except in your home state*; if you buy a handgun here in New Hampshire, it must be shipped from a New Hampshire FFL to an FFL in your home state, where you can pick it up by filling out the same BATFE form 4473 that you would if you were buying it from that home-state dealer. (Note that the shipping FFL must receive a signed copy of the receiving FFL's license before shipping can occur. Both dealers will charge a small fee in addition to the actual shipping charges.)

As a non-resident, you may not buy any kind of gun from a private party unless the transaction goes through an FFL. (That is, the gun would have to be purchased by the FFL, who would then sell it to you as above.)

* Exception: federal law says that you may "borrow or rent a firearm in any state for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes."

The governing federal laws for all of this are 18USC922(a)(3), 18USC922(a)(5), 18USC922(b)(3), 27CFR478.29, and 27CFR478.30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I found this in Massachusetts.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy mASS

It sucks living here not just for the gun laws but, a long list of other reasons.........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links