Mass + H&K - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass + H&K

Hawgleg44

I'm not trying to argue, either. If I came across that way, I apologize. And honestly, if I was a dealer, I would probably be overcautious, too, due to the $10,000 fine per gun that can be levied against you!

Depending on where the shoot is, I may be interested. I'm waaaaaaaaaaay out in W. Mass, so travel is a little tough sometimes.

Also, it looks like my deal to get the USP 45 F in trade is falling through. The guy I was dealing with is having 2nd thoughts now. So, although it may be an HK Forum shoot, I won't be shooting any HK's! It's too bad. I like my friend's USP 45 Compact, and I was hoping to get an HK of my own. Looks like I'll have to stick to my Berettas, Sigs, Glocks, and a whole pile of S&W autos!

Let me know when and where the shoot is and I'll try to make it work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Ag's list apply ONLY to dealers. If someone had a gun not on the list and you did a face to face transfer, can can buy it. I have bought several 3rd gen glocks from cops doing a face to face transfer. I've also sold some nice guns not on the list.

Hawgleg44

That's right. I have a Kimber Classic Stainless Target LE on my hip right now. Try finding one of those for sale in a gunshop!

No 3rd Gen Glocks in my safe yet though. I do already have a 1st Gen G17, several 2nd Gen Glocks, and two Gen 2.5's are on the way now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All this is getting confusing to a new person like me. I do not understand that if you buy the gun from the police officer and its not on the list its legal?

Is that correct?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, the list only applies to FFL Dealers. I just picked up a springfiled XD45 compact in MA, nice find in this state, not on the "list".
    Last edited by richgetsy; 09-15-2007 at 03:56 PM.

Hawgleg44

Quote Originally Posted by BostonLak View Post
    All this is getting confusing to a new person like me. I do not understand that if you buy the gun from the police officer and its not on the list its legal?

Is that correct?
    Any "Individual Officer" purchase of a "non-compliant" handgun must be made using a letter from his/her Chief or firearms instructor stating that the weapon is for "duty use", "training", "off-duty/backup" use, etc and is not being purchased for resale. There are many LEO's abusing this, buying as many handguns as they can and doing the 4 allowed FA-10 personal transfers per year, making a lot of money on each of them. I've seen new 3rd Gen Glocks going for $1300!

Is it legal to buy from them? Yes. There's nothing illegal about buying using an FA-10 personal transfer since all of the penalties of the law are directed towards licensed dealers (01 FFL holders).

Is it illegal for the officer to be selling like this? I would have to say maybe, if they are buying and selling them quickly or doing several of them. But, if it's just an officer who purchased a firearm in good faith, used it as a duty weapon, backup, off-duty, etc, and changed his/her mind later, changed departments, left LEO work, etc, then I don't see anyone having any problems with it.

Next week there is a conference with Chief Ron Glidden, who is the expert in MA on the firearms laws. I was just in this discussion last night with a few other instructors at the club after showing them my Kimber Classic Stainless Target LE. At the conference, this question will be asked and I can post what the response was then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You also have to consider people who have moved into the state that are selling guns that they have in there collection. If someone moves to MA and has 20 guns that are not on the list, he can sell 4 a year without any issues.
    These new guns in the state are legal, dealers just can't touch them.
    I'd be interested in hearing what is said at that meeting.

Hawgleg44

Rich- OT, I know, but what club do you shoot at? I'm probably about 10 minutes from where you live, depending on where in Amherst you are. E-mail me if you want at Hawgleg44 AT aol DOT com.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I shoot at the notch, Norwottuck Fish & Game, in Amherst, just got back in fact. Also Agawam & westfield. We should shoot sometime.
    Rich G

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=USMCMP5A3;472464]
    To be safe use this sight as a reference and a link to the state laws.
    http://fsguns.com/malawsandregs.html
    It is a local shop and is one of the best shops in the state. If you look at the new handguns section it will let you know what NEW PRODUCTION handguns can be bought in this state. You will find that the choices are very limited.
    QUOTE]

I agree, FS Guns rocks. They've done some transefers for me that other dealers would not touch becuase of the AG's list. They really know what they are talking about when it comes to the stupid AG laws, as well as anyone can that is.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links