New USC/UMP goodness - Page 10
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: New USC/UMP goodness

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default New USC/UMP goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Cjude View Post
    Just to clarify, Factory receivers? HK factory receivers? Sorry, Im confused.
    Factory USC receivers? Inquiring minds want to know if that's what was meant. If that's the case I may find the money
    Last edited by ipsilateral; 10-19-2016 at 02:00 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So, Im confusedx2--First-factory receivers? HK factory USC receivers that were never built? So they can be pistols or rifles (sbrs?) are they marked HK with a model number? if so super cool option.

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cjude View Post
    Just to clarify, Factory receivers? HK factory receivers? Sorry, Im confused.
    +3 on this, I am also curious as to how they could be Factory HK receivers? Don't take this wrong, good on ya if they are, I just don't understand how or why HK or the ATF would allow Factory receivers to be Exported/Imported to the US. Can we get some clarification on this? Can you please post a picture of the Factory Markings on the receiver?
    Last edited by JNAP94; 10-19-2016 at 04:35 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Tagged, I want in

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Im so down!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JNAP94 View Post
    +3 on this, I am also curious as to how they could be Factory HK receivers? Don't take this wrong, good on ya if they are, I just don't understand how or why HK or the ATF would allow Factory receivers to be Exported/Imported to the US. Can we get some clarification on this? Can you please post a picture of the Factory Markings on the receiver?
    I can answer that.

HK GmbH had a quantity of brand new stripped USC receivers that they sold when they stopped production of the USC a few years ago that were bought from HK GmbH and being offered to the US market by a 3rd party. My company looked into buying and importing them but after extensive research into the import fees, broker fees, US Customs Duty fees, international shipping fees (for firearms (can't just FedEx them)) then domestic shipping fees, permit fees, then engraving fees... all of that on top of the seller's ask for the receiver lot, made the cost per receiver too high. They were stripped receivers so bolts, recoil rods, firing pin assemblies, barrels w/pins, ejectors, stocks, lowers (trigger/grip assemblies), and front/rear sight assemblies would all have to be procured to sell complete firearms. We knew we would not be able to procure 16" barrels in any reasonable quantity so they'd either have to be sold as SBRs or pistols with US-made bolts and barrels (both also requiring either an RDTS backplate or a newly manufactured backplate) further limiting our potential buyer pool for those that cannot have or do not want an SBR or a pistol configuration. We also knew that it would be 1-1.5 year process just to get the receivers in country.

It is a huge legal and financial commitment that required not only a company with the knowledge, resources, connections to get the receivers imported; but also a manufacturer to produce the bolts and barrels that would have been impossible to get from HK GmbH. Remember: a full-auto bolt needs to be machined before it can work in a USC receiver and the USC receiver needs modifications to accept UMP magazines, so it's not like you can just buy a UMP parts kit and a USC receiver and viola! you have a running USC SBR. I applaud Michael's Machines for the company's time and investment in bringing these to the HK community in the USA. They could have stayed in Germany and we'd never have this opportunity.

Consider those facts when you look at the price. They're actually they're not that expensive.

ETA: I have no stake in this whatsoever, I just wanted to put down any speculation. Mike, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Mr.Maim; 10-20-2016 at 03:30 AM.

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

I have acquired bare USC receivers that were never built as complete firearms.
    Same way you can take a AR lower and make it a rifle or pistol.
    All new parts from HK and my barrels and bolts.
    I also have factory .45 barrels and bolts for an upcharge all German pistol(-my USB.....Ultimate Stock block)
    Limited opportunity and never before offered.
    I can custom build to your needs.
    Thanks,Mike

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

So what's the cost???

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rodmar View Post
    So what's the cost???
    Post #84 one page back.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/michael-s...ml#post2141434

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

The first sentence is not accurate but the rest you spelled out nicely.
    Thanks MR. M for the thought of what it takes in these ventures sir.
    Mike

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links