Questions about the MM 9mm USC/UMP Parts - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Questions about the MM 9mm USC/UMP Parts

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oicani View Post
    I picked up a UMP 40 parts kits a few years ago at a decent price, sold off the all parts and kept the barrel and carrier for free. I now shoot my oversize pistol caliber SBR in 40 instead of 45. Recoil is significantly better on the follow up shots in 40 than 45.

I can't speak on the MM9UMP kits, but the UMP/USC as a 9mm shooter just sucks in comparisons to other subguns in it's class. Why, oversized mags, oversized gun just to name two. Don't get me wrong, I love my USC/UMP, love it more in 40 than 45, but for 9mm shooting the MP5 is where its at. If I wasn't stuck on it being a HK, the CZ Scorpion, B&T ACP9, SIG MPX would be other options looking into, but not really.

You know who got the 45 to 9mm concept right, Kriss Vector did and it even uses affordable Glock mags.

Give this a look Dan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-PGW5qVVdY
    Thanks for the info. But for me at this point its not about really about whats best. If what I was looking for was a nice, recoil light, 9mm subgun I'd get a Sp5k, register it, and slap on a B&T side folder in a heart beat (the K have always been my favoirte, there is something about the regular guns that I don't like visually). This is about simplifying what I do have. Is the UMP9 the perfect 9mm? Not likely. Would it allow me to keep the looks and line of the UMP that I love (why I spent the money in the first place) and allow me to stop having to stock an extra caliber? Yes.

Still don't know If i'm going to do it. We'll see.

Sometimes I overthink things a little too much :)
    One day Buddah was sitting under a tree.
    A knight walked up and said: "You look like a Pig."
    Buddah replied: "And you look like a god."
    The knight, obviously puzzled asked: "What makes you say that?"
    Buddah replied: "My son, we see in others what we see in ourselves."

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heheheyoshi View Post
    Sometimes I overthink things a little too much :)
    lol, you and me both!
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by omega21 View Post
    Right, so are those the MM kits? I'm not jumping into something with a 30% or more markup from HKParts. Can't these be purchased directly from @hk21man ?
    The suggestion is that you are correct about the jack hammer in either caliber. Still, I'm with you on caliber consolidation. If colored USP's came in 9mm I would have consolidated on 9mm as well.
    When they first came out they where. I do not know if Mike sells them directly. For what its worth, HKparts (at least in the past, this may have changed) was always competitively prices for NON HK factory parts. They definitely markup the factory parts though.

Thanks to everyone for the responses everyone. I'm in the middle of buying a house so I've got time to think about this some more.
    One day Buddah was sitting under a tree.
    A knight walked up and said: "You look like a Pig."
    Buddah replied: "And you look like a god."
    The knight, obviously puzzled asked: "What makes you say that?"
    Buddah replied: "My son, we see in others what we see in ourselves."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links