ITS HAPPENING: 10mm USP Barrels- Please reserve your slot! - Page 18
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: ITS HAPPENING: 10mm USP Barrels- Please reserve your slot!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post

waz0wski; That is an outstandingly good looking pistol! Is it an LEM gun? How does it compare to shooting, say, 45 Super out of a USP, or other USP's in general?
    Also, how much work did you need to do to fit the HK45 magazine in the USP frame? Was it just some light sanding or did you need to remove significant amounts of material? Pictures of your mag well/magazine changes would be greatly appreciated!! Any issues retaining factory .40 S&W mags after the conversion?
    Thanks, it's a LEM/v7 variant USP40. I haven't tried .45Super (a USP45t is on my wishlist...) Don't have any pics of the magwell itself but here's an album of build pics and reference this post for the magwell modifications, and this post for the mag modifications. The .40 mags will still lock in place but wobble around.
    Last edited by waz0wski; 11-24-2019 at 02:54 PM.
    JRB and Kevin7 like this.

H7K
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is the Frame a USP40 with an HK45mag, or is it a USP45 frame?

Quote Originally Posted by waz0wski View Post
    this project fell off my radar for a while earlier this year, but I finally got back to it and in touch with @hk21man via email and he was quick to respond and get me the barrel I ordered. Thanks for making these barrels!

Took it out for a test run this weekend, casing fitment and lockup were better than my factory-reamed barrel (due to reaming problems), no more case bulging or other issues with hot sig and underwood. Also went overboard with accessories and tested out a new light setup, APLc on GGG adapter, and also a different mag setup, jetfunnel adapter and an HK45 mag w/ TF +3 extension and a Wolff +10% spring which gives 19+1 capacity and fits in my hiking chest pack better than my previous setup with the TLR-1

Also tried a couple other baseplates with the jetfunnel

original hk45 rubber which fits ok

and actual jetfunnel steel which has a bit of a gap at the rear of the hk45 mag

JRB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks, it's a LEM/v7 variant USP40. I haven't tried .45Super (a USP45t is on my wishlist...) Don't have any pics of the magwell itself but ..... The .40 mags will still lock in place but wobble around.
    Dude, thank you! Those are some great pictures and that is a fantastic looking pistol. I'm really excited by the prospect of a 19+1 USP 10mm in such a configuration. Here I thought I'd be blazing a trail with a 'USP10T' sort of config with the jet funnel, etc - looks like I'll be following your lead instead. Nicely done!
    If I may ask a few more questions - What recoil spring did you go with, and what ammo has run the best in it so far?

Quote Originally Posted by H7K View Post
    Is the Frame a USP40 with an HK45mag, or is it a USP45 frame?
    It's a USP40 slide and frame, hence the fitment modifications needed to take an HK45 magazine.

The USP45 frame needs no work to take an HK45 mag, and HK45 mags are very loose side-to-side in a USP45 frame since they're based off the narrower USP45C magazine profile.
    Kevin7 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Dude, thank you! Those are some great pictures and that is a fantastic looking pistol. I'm really excited by the prospect of a 19+1 USP 10mm in such a configuration. Here I thought I'd be blazing a trail with a 'USP10T' sort of config with the jet funnel, etc - looks like I'll be following your lead instead. Nicely done!
    credit where credit is due, my original inspiration for a 10mm USP conversion was from the guru @lifesizepotato in this thread, and the info about using HK45 mags, jetfunnel, slide work on a .40 was from @jasonheimerm in this thread and @scubadds in this thread - additionally there were some earlier 10mm conversions I saw referenced with more custom work done by @BIG_CHRIS_304 here and @Pinion327 here

And of course, big thanks to @hk21man for making the barrels, and @chune for helping organize this thing

If I may ask a few more questions - What recoil spring did you go with, and what ammo has run the best in it so far?
    FYI I've edited my post above with updated links to the magwell and magazine modifications

I'm using an 18lb wolff spring - I also have 16/14lb springs, and I'm going to test those out next time I'm at the range, since I've had a few failures to feed that might be action/cycling related (or just me limp-wristing!)

The primary ammo I've been running is Sig Elite 180gr FMJ, since I picked up a bunch when Brownells had a good deal on it earlier this year. I've also tested lower power remington umc 180gr fmj and a variety of higher power underwood 10mm, ranging from 140-200gr FMJ, JHP, and XTP - will be trying to 200gr hard cast soon

Initially rounds would nose-up, I had to tweak mag feed lips, closed up the front slightly to get reliable feeding - with that done, FMJ has all fed well, but I've had a few issues with the XTP JHP getting stuck nose-down. Small COAL difference, not sure yet what's going on.

The USP45 frame needs no work to take an HK45 mag, and HK45 mags are very loose side-to-side in a USP45 frame since they're based off the narrower USP45C magazine profile.
    Stock USP45 mags, with feed lips closed up slightly, can be used with a USP45 lower/frame, see this post by @scubadds

I'd like to do another conversion with a .45 host, match-styled build with one of these aftermarket .45 barrels. maybe next year...
    Last edited by waz0wski; 11-24-2019 at 02:58 PM. Reason: update links
    JRB and Kevin7 like this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

credit where credit is due, my original inspiration for a 10mm USP conversion was from the guru @lifesizepotato in this thread, and the info about using HK45 mags, jetfunnel, slide work on a .40 was from @jasonheimerm in this thread and @scubadds in this thread - additionally there were some earlier 10mm conversions I saw referenced with more custom work done by @BIG_CHRIS_304 here and @Pinion327 here

And of course, big thanks to @hk21man for making the barrels, and @chune for helping organize this thing

FYI I've edited my post above with updated links to the magwell and magazine modifications

I'm using an 18lb wolff spring - I also have 16/14lb springs, and I'm going to test those out next time I'm at the range, since I've had a few failures to feed that might be action/cycling related (or just me limp-wristing!)

The primary ammo I've been running is Sig Elite 180gr FMJ, since I picked up a bunch when Brownells had a good deal on it earlier this year. I've also tested lower power remington umc 180gr fmj and a variety of higher power underwood 10mm, ranging from 140-200gr FMJ, JHP, and XTP - will be trying to 200gr hard cast soon

Initially rounds would nose-up, I had to tweak mag feed lips, closed up the front slightly to get reliable feeding - with that done, FMJ has all fed well, but I've had a few issues with the XTP JHP getting stuck nose-down. Small COAL difference, not sure yet what's going on.

Stock USP45 mags, with feed lips closed up slightly, can be used with a USP45 lower/frame, see this post by @scubadds

I'd like to do another conversion with a .45 host, match-styled build with one of these aftermarket .45 barrels. maybe next year...
    Thanks for the shout out!
    Nice work!

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thanks for the shout out, waz0wski. I haven't logged on here for a few years, but it's great to see people like yourself pushing that 10mm USP envelope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just an FYI for anyone still looking at this. I contacted Mike at Michael's Machines, as instructed in an earlier post. We talked, I emailed, he replied, and I purchased. He sent the barrel right away (over 2 or 3 days) and I have it. He says that he has quite a few left of .40 and .45. I have not tried it yet, but I am excited to do so, but the take-away is you can also still get one! I bought a .45 conversion, but I am also considering a .40 next as I am intrigued by the HK45 magwell conversion.

Thanks to Mike and all the rest of you for your knowledge and experience.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Sponsored Links