MM23E - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: MM23E

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chipw View Post
    I’m two years in with 100% upfront. I spoke with Mike today and supposedly mine ships next week. I hear they are worth it, I’m sure it will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Im not at 2 years in yet but im getting there, mine should be shipped soon aswell.

I dont mind some waits but im dieing to be done waiting...i just hope im happy when it arrives.

Im 100% upfront as well.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MGnoob View Post
    Im not at 2 years in yet but im getting there, mine should be shipped soon aswell.

I dont mind some waits but im dieing to be done waiting...i just hope im happy when it arrives.

Im 100% upfront as well.
    I would make 100% certain that it is exactly how you want it and that you are pleased with the weld quality, everything is in line and there aren't any function issues with your sear before too much time passes from when you receive the gun. I have a friend who is on trip 4 to MM to correct issues with their gun.
    Ineptocracy (in-ep-tocí-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least
    capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded
    with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Speedballing....that's slamming Benadryl right? Source: SudS aka Kevin

HK...The most addictive drug known to man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im not to worried about that, mike setup my 4 position pack even though i didnt leave it there for my host to be comeplete,it'll work fine...some issues i have with mike o. Arent completely his fault....he isnt responsible for my stupid state changing its laws, but had things been done more promptly(reasonably delivered)
    It wouldn't have cause as much trouble.im sure the quality will live up to the hype..just not the experience..maybe im a poor crybaby though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

If the wait is a year then it’s a year and I’ll wait or two years. It’s def worth the wait. Only thing is I approached him about this build before i got into HKpro and he told me it would only take 12-16 weeks to make
    Last edited by TheColtCollector; 01-13-2018 at 12:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ya, same thing with me.. when i heard 4 months i planned on a year... had i known it would be longer i would have not paid 100% upfront and more than likely gone another way..you could buy new ones on GB for 18k.

For a non NFA item a 2 year wait would be unacceptable to me unless that was what was agreed upon..
    It really makes you appreciate the ARES MCR (now fight lite)
    While they are definitely junk compared to mm21e.they are 3 grand and at your door in day.any moron can work on an MCR. The problem is the price of proprietary parts make buying complete units more practical.

It does sound like we are going to start getting our guns soon . we'll all have to post about how they run out of the box. Ive a decent amount of ammo for it, both the tripods,feed chute and adapter, 1200rd feeder can

I just need an assortment of small parts and a brass catcher..
    The only other accessory i could think of would be a helicopter

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Why does it take 2 years to produce? Caveat....I'm not bashing.....I've done business with him, and never had any complaints about our business. Again....I don't own an HK21 or HK23E.....but it is on my radar, and I'd like to know what I'm getting into....before I'm in it. Thank you in advance.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    Why does it take 2 years to produce? Caveat....I'm not bashing.....I've done business with him, and never had any complaints about our business. Again....I don't own an HK21 or HK23E.....but it is on my radar, and I'd like to know what I'm getting into....before I'm in it. Thank you in advance.
    Its definitely an undertaking, the guns and parts are done in lots.

One time when we spoke he said he was putting the finnish touches on 100 feed mechs..thats $400,000 in merchandise.(not profit) i also beleive he said its just him and one other guy.so i understand the scope of whats hes doing..

Just seems to me you wouldnt take on any more order until your caught up, at the same time people sending you checks for $10,000s must make things go smoother on his end.
    It is his buisness so he can use whatever model he likes, a non paid waiting list just seems practical if prepaid orders are at 2 years..

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ya, same thing with me.. when i heard 4 months i planned on a year... had i known it would be longer i would have not paid 100% upfront and more than likely gone another way..you could buy new ones on GB for 18k.

For a non NFA item a 2 year wait would be unacceptable to me unless that was what was agreed upon..
    It really makes you appreciate the ARES MCR (now fight lite)
    While they are definitely junk compared to mm21e.they are 3 grand and at your door in day.any moron can work on an MCR. The problem is the price of proprietary parts make buying complete units more practical.

It does sound like we are going to start getting our guns soon . we'll all have to post about how they run out of the box. Ive a decent amount of ammo for it, both the tripods,feed chute and adapter, 1200rd feeder can

I just need an assortment of small parts and a brass catcher..
    The only other accessory i could think of would be a helicopter
    My Ares Shrike took 8 years from when I put my deposit down.

Now That is a wait.

A new Fightlite MCR can be got in a week, and if you wait for a sale itís 20% off. I got a new MCR a few months ago for $3600.

It works well if the links arenít tight and theyíre lubed and you use the buffer spacer and their recoil spring and break it in..

Which holds up better in the long run I dunno.

My MM23e wait was almost exactly 3 years, received it in October 2011. Then it had the go back a couple times with 6 months wait each time for the feed mechanism to be fixed.

It just wouldnít shoot right. Some backlash issue, but itís been a while. Considering the price I paid Iím not complaining.

Now itís shooting well, itís really cool in full auto and amazingly accurate. Open sights I got a 9/16Ē group at 50yds.

These guns really batter the brass, so I wrapped the metal of the forward assist housing with tape to reduce the deformation. The brass goes 15yds away. No problem with stripping the belt or ejection, thatís for sure. The bolt smashes the cartridge base a bit so you have to re-chamfer the primer pocket to reload.

I think most of these work well, but itís a complicated machine thatís made one at a time.

Be patient and hopefully it works well for you. Be aware it might not so you donít get too bummed if it has to go back.

If I had to make any single change Iíd say putting an optics rail on would be it.
    HK Urbach MP5K-N with SWR QD3K
    Fleming Registered Sear
    Dakota Tactical D54P pistol
    HK USP Tactical w/ Gemtech SOS 45 (ret), Silencerco Osprey 45
    Michael's Machines MM23E
    HK VP9
    Powershot P5 Pistol
    HK SP5K
    Black USC Carbine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The hk is clearly the better albeit heavier firearm...it not just a range toy.
    The reason i say 3k for mcr is you dont need any of the sites or carry handle if your just replacing an existing unit.im going to grab another soon. Even if an hk21 lasted 3 or 4 times as many rounds its 5x the price.

Its also the ultimate hk host, which is why we all have to have one.

I ended up ordering it with the rail since i had time to think about it...
    Do any of you know if the genuine hkbrass catcher will still fit with the top rail?

The shrike release "epic fail" was do to some truely questionable business practices.

I have A MM mp5 at my dealer that arrived a couple months ago.. i haven't inspect it yet, so i dont know what to expect with the mm21e

Ive have spoken in person with 2 people who needed to send theirs back, im just hoping i get lucky. Its all i can do.
    We all have the option of selling it for more than we paid on gunbroker, but after waiting 1-2 years that would suck
    Last edited by MGnoob; 01-14-2018 at 05:43 AM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Its definitely an undertaking, the guns and parts are done in lots.

One time when we spoke he said he was putting the finnish touches on 100 feed mechs..thats $400,000 in merchandise.(not profit) i also beleive he said its just him and one other guy.so i understand the scope of whats hes doing..

Just seems to me you wouldnt take on any more order until your caught up, at the same time people sending you checks for $10,000s must make things go smoother on his end.
    It is his buisness so he can use whatever model he likes, a non paid waiting list just seems practical if prepaid orders are at 2 years..
    Thanks for the insight. Now it makes sense....and you never turn away business, because you never know what the future holds. So I get it. Good luck....pics when you get it!!!
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links