Moving to Michigan. Suggestions on areas, ranges, and shops?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Michigan. Suggestions on areas, ranges, and shops?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Moving to Michigan. Suggestions on areas, ranges, and shops?

Good evening fellow HKers. I'm moving to Michigan this week for a job, Detroit specifically. I'd appreciate any advice on good local ranges, gun shops, and nicer areas to live. I'll be working right near the Windsor border if that helps. Thanks for any advice in advance and I'll try to infuse the area with a few more HKs. Range time always seems to help a transition.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I'm on the other side of the state in the Grand Rapids area. I know there are some other members here on the east side of the state who will probably chime in.

We have shall issue concealed pistol laws, pistol registration, no long gun registration.

As far as NFA items go, suppressors and machine guns are okay, no SBR or SBS. (I hope that changes soon!)

Welcome to the mitten!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to michigan

Double action in Madison heights
    Close quarter tacticals around 23 and van dyke area....50bmg allowed

Those are the only two Ive been to

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Firing Line, hit up google- they have two locations. Some of the employees there can be kind of delta-bravos but they usually have a good selection of HK's.

I personally usually go to Top Gun Shooting Sports in Taylor. Great guys, they never raised their prices during all the craziness this year. 25 yard pistol/rifle lanes for now. They are moving to a new location in a few months (directly across the street from present location) and will have 3 new ranges in that one as well.

I'm in Romulus
    one word...Thundercougarfalconbird

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

A lot depends on where you are moving to. Many decent indoor 25yd ranges but finding places to shoot rifles can be a bit more difficult. What suburb are you going to live in (as I assume you are sane and not actually intending on living IN Detroit)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the reply folks. In the area for a couple weeks then have training elsewhere for a couple months. Thanks for the choices. Im still trying to figure out where to live when I getting back. It seems north of detroit seems nicer but much longer commute and price tag. Still trying to find a fine line between distance and a nicer area. I might have some more specific questions in the upcoming weeks and appreciate any further advice.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The further north or west you go from Detroit, the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dpadams6 View Post
    The further north or west you go from Detroit, the better.
    Couldnt have said it better.
    Officially Addicted!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I don't know about the Detroit area but I've lived in some of the worst neighborhoods in Ohio and TRUST ME.

A long commute is all you'll want to worry about after 3 months of gunshots, drug deals in front of your house, break-ins to all your neighbors, street fights, people knocking on your door and saying "sorry wrong house" cause they're canvassing your house. I literally CARRIED around my home. And police have declared Detroit as a enter at your own risk area.

I'd drive over an hour to avoid it.

-DBLAction454

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I will second Top Gun Shooting Sports in Taylor. As far as nice neighborhoods... I have lived in Ferndale for almost 10 years now and have not had a single problem. The downtown area, although currently undergoing road construction, is thriving and growing more and more. It's pedestrian and bicycle friendly. My wife and I are quite happy. Also, its just 10 minutes from the Ambassador Bridge.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links