Any FFL in SE Michigan willing to ship a firearm to California for a PPT?

Thread: Any FFL in SE Michigan willing to ship a firearm to California for a PPT?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Any FFL in SE Michigan willing to ship a firearm to California for a PPT?

Hello all, I currently live in California but my parents live in Michigan. We are looking for an FFL that will ship a pistol out to California for a intra-familiar person to person firearm transfer. My parents are gifting my a VP9 and we have all the necessary paperwork and I have a local gun store in my area that will do the transfer. The problem we are finding now is that no one wants to ship anything to California.

Any shops near Belleville, MI would be ideal.
    Current:
    HK45 v1
    P2000 v3 9mm
    P2000 v2 --> v1 9mm
    USP v1 9mm
    VP9 LE Grey

Past:
    P2000sk v3 .40 (traded for the USP9)
    P30L v3 9mm (sold before moving to California)

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Hmmm, that is an interesting way to get off-roster pistols. Once in CA, can you turn around and sell it to another CA resident?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

yes he can once it is in the state it can be sold via a ppt

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

It is not that big of a deal for the shipping FFl. It is like one extra doc. they have to fill out. Try a home based FFL.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster62 View Post
    It is not that big of a deal for the shipping FFl. It is like one extra doc. they have to fill out. Try a home based FFL.

Chuck, so conceivably I can have a relative outside CA buy a P7M8 for me and then gift it to a person in CA?

Sounds like an ingenious way around the silly CA importation laws.

If so, then why are CA prices for HK so high?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Must be only a Father, Mother Grandfather of Grandmother. No other relatives qualify. It can go in the other direction, your out of state son or daughter can gift you you an off roster gun. It has to be gifted to you. IE Birthday present etc. And then you need two friendly FFL's willing to do the transfer.
    Last edited by chuckster62; 11-03-2017 at 04:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah the Intra-familiiar transfer is not super well known. As Cluckster62 mentioned, it can only be done from between parents, grandparents, and children (no siblings, cousins, aunts or uncles). I only found out about it this year after taking a class, it was brought up then. However, since then it has been a pain to get the pistol over here. Partly because my parents aren't super thrilled about the process as well, haha.

There are a few other rules that still apply to the out of state family transfers, 1 in 30 rule still applies for all handguns, the 10 day waiting period still applies, and you are not allowed to bring over "assault weapons" (i.e. non-featureless AR's, AR's from the banned list, AR pistols, etc...).

Sponsored Links