Lapeer Pit Shooters BEWARE!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lapeer Pit Shooters BEWARE!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Lapeer Pit Shooters BEWARE!!!

Repost of MINE from another forum, this happened TODAY, 6-3-08

I went to the Pit in Lapeer today, where some of us are planning to do a July 5th shoot.

AS normal, one guy there shooting, all went well, no problems, a few others straggled in during the 3 hours we were there.

Policed our brass and garbage and was going to head out WHEN..........

My buddies front tire flat as a board!

I figured we ran over something so I began to look around the drive...

Nothing screw or nail related in the general parking area, UNTIL I noticed 2 2x4's at the beginning of the drive in the dirt water run off.

I seen a few nails stuck on the end, 1 up, the rest bent over, this I figured WAS the culprit, so I walked over and ppicked up the 8' length.

TO MY SUPRISE, WHEN I PICKED IT UP IT HAD 2 ROWS OF 12 PENNY NAILS EVERY 3 INCHES THE ENTIRE LENGTH!!!! mOTH$#@$)(#[email protected]!!!!

Someone had placed 2 of the 2x4's right in the front of the drive as spike strips, Im thinking that someone(s) really do not people shooting there anymore at any cost possible, so Sabotage is the newest tactic since they cannot get it closed legally.

There was 2 boards, 1 in an 8' length, and 1 in a 4' length, bot had the same hand driven nail pattern placed for all those who come to pay the price.

IF YOU WANT TO CALL BS, ABOUT 10-15 FEET PAST THE FIREARM/SHOOTING RULES, YOU WILL FIND THEM APPROX 8-10' INTO THE WOODS, RIGHT BY THE BROKEN TREE STUMP PROTUDING INTO THE PIT DIRT AREA.

tHIS IS NO JOKE, my buddy had 6 nail holes in his tire, its screwed, you cant throw 6 plugs into a tire and rely on it for driving conditions, so along with all the $$ we pent on gas and ammo, it cost an additional 190-230.00 for a new tire. Luckily when he hit it it flipped over, or we all would have had flat TIRES!!

Just a heads up, if you go to the pit, please stop before you enter in the roadway and look around for sabotage items like this, if you think im lying, the board is still there in the woods, i would have taken it off site but it wouldn't fit into my car.
    Death Is Certain,
    Life Is Not

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Only The Dead Have Seen The End Of War"

HK 91 A3
    HK 45
    HK P30
    HK USP.40 Tan Custom Combat
    HK P2000 (9mm & 40S&W)
    HK P7 M8
    HK P7 M8 Hard Chromed Oberndorf/N
    HK M3 S90

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Time for a little recon??
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.
    You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good.
    Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy.
    Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

"If you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat" Ronald Reagan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

...what kinda numb-nut would try that type of stuff at a firearm range?!?!?

p.s. where is the lapeer range? and is it open for anyone? The standard rank and file indoor range gets old... Or are there any other dynamic ranges around?
    Last edited by Bcar; 07-21-2008 at 06:21 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Lapeer pit is off Daley rd.

I imagine I know which direction to point the finger, but no answers or definitve individuals can be identified.

I have posted on a few other boards like MGO, ar15.com in the local forums.

I have gotten some responses of some individuals posing as LE, or coming and harrasing shooters for being there.

The locals just hate that people can show up and shoot. It is DNR property, State land so it perfectly legal to shoot there, there is even shooting rules and other postings from the DNR on site. The lapeer and local PD/Sherifs are all aware and also utilize the area.

Most of the time there is always a few shooters on site.
    Truth of the matter is that gun people are almost ALWAYS great people! So the prolem the locals have is !) the noise shooting creates, 2) the garbage left behind by individuals who choose not to pick up their garbage.

For some time now it has become a problem with people in the area and us shooting, but their is nothing they have tried that can legally get the place closed to shooting. So, now it looks like they have resulted into sabotage.

Since this posting and the removal of the "Spike strips" I have been informed that only 4 days later another group had shown up and founf more spike strips buried in the entrance.

Recon would be great, I wish I had a motion camera for hunting to do the work for me, but unfortunately I do not. I would think they are smart enough to look for it anyways and possibly steal/vandalize it also. It is about an hour drive for me at least, so a stakeout would be a waste at best.

Just watch out.
    If their is more interest in shooting there, I can post a link with a map.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The pit has been cleaned up.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yup, and still a great place to shoot. Class III stuff abounds on holiday weekends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bcar View Post
    ...what kinda numb-nut would try that type of stuff at a firearm range?!?!?

p.s. where is the lapeer range? and is it open for anyone? The standard rank and file indoor range gets old... Or are there any other dynamic ranges around?
    The "neighbor" up the road complains about the pit all the time......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like someone needs a lesson in manners.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

There's always been a bunch of noise around there. Lapeer Dragway is a mile south, on the same road. Uppity azzes move in, and think they should have their butts kissed.....when they should be kicked.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

A SELF imposed necro-retro , cool !
    NRA Certified RSO

Be where your feet are

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links