HKPRO Forums banner

Nefarious Arms Barrels info thread

10K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  nefariousarms 
#1 · (Edited)
I will be posting updates and answering question about the status of our HK-416 replacement barrels in this thread

#2 ·
as of today the barrel blanks are in the shop being chambered & contoured
we expect that we will be sending barrels off to get the bore and chamber chromed in the next couple of weeks

We have just received our 3mm index pins into inventory today
Tool Tool accessory

#4 ·
Are all Barrels already spoken for, or can we place an order now?
Thanks

#8 ·
Please put me down for 1 Barrel, 12.5 in preferably, or let me know where to sign up, thanks

#11 ·
we intend to ship the orders in order of receipt
most likely the 10.4" barrels will be first because the majority of the orders are for the short ones

the barrels are almost ready to be sent off to have the bores chrome lined that will take a couple of weeks
once they come back to the shop we will drill the gasports mill the gasblock index slot and the roll pin holes them Mag-phosphate and then start shipping

I know this has taken longer than I expected,and I apologize for that
We guarantee that if you can hang in there with us, you will not be disappointed!

#15 ·
Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Assault rifle
Font Black-and-white Clock Symbol Art

Quick 50 rounds after assembly 10.5in barrel, using my 77smk .223 hand-loads at 50 yards, 37deg f outside.
Marvin’s 10.5” barrel and his gas block operated brilliantly, highly accurate. I made a ragged hole bench shooting at 50y with a flyer (me) using a Vortex HD Razor II 1x6.
I can get a failure to lock back after last round if I’m limp bench shooting, especially with my 2280fps ave velocity .223 spec ammo (2500fps out of my 16.5” MR556 80deg day)

Money *way* well spent. Heat gun to get the barrel into the receiver, seems the same as stock barrel extension fit, thanks for the advice earlier guys.
Thanks Nefarious Arms for a fantastic product!

#16 ·
View attachment 251620 View attachment 251622

Quick 50 rounds after assembly 10.5in barrel, using my 77smk .223 hand-loads at 50 yards, 37deg f outside.
Marvin’s 10.5” barrel and his gas block operated brilliantly, highly accurate. I made a ragged hole bench shooting at 50y with a flyer (me) using a Vortex HD Razor II 1x6.
I can get a failure to lock back after last round if I’m limp bench shooting, especially with my 2280fps ave velocity .223 spec ammo (2500fps out of my 16.5” MR556 80deg day)

Money *way* well spent. Heat gun to get the barrel into the receiver, seems the same as stock barrel extension fit, thanks for the advice earlier guys.
Thanks Nefarious Arms for a fantastic product!
Thanks for the review!
Please let us know if you need anything else and we would like to know how it preforms in the future
and just to let you know, we should start on the reaction rods in a couple of weeks

#20 ·
Update:

Just got back from the range and shot about 100 rounds of 5.56 XM193. No failures whatsoever. Wow...for me, this was the first time I actually enjoyed shooting this thing over the cut down MR barrel I had before......Didn't do any bench shooting to stretch it out, but up close, its very nice. Bolt locked back on an empty mag...beautiful 4:00 ejection. I can't wait to get my can back from Surefire and shoot this thing how its suppose to be shot. For the price we paid for these barrels, it was a steal considering what a genuine HK 416 upper goes for these days.... Well done Marvin.

#21 ·
Awesome, glad yours works well.
Besides the obvious barrel quality, fit and finish, accuracy with chrome lining - Marvin nailed the gas block port sizes, as good a balance as possible based on my cold weather .223 experience. Just enough gas unsuppressed; I look forward to hearing about your suppressed 5.56 experience when you get to it. Time to start looking at 5.56 dedicated cans...

Reactions: D9M9TR9S
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.