Denied by the sheriff in Las Vegas - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Denied by the sheriff in Las Vegas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Get the trust. I live in Vegas also and set mine up using a XLNT attorney here in Vegas for $200.00. If you want his name let me know and will pm it to you.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The wife and I are planning on moving to Henderson,NV, soon. I am about to change my mind after some of the latest firearm news about the state. What is your overall opinion about the state in general and firearms? I currently am a NC resident and have a CCW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got to say it is a free state never had problems before.Nowadays the usual shortages but overall so far looks that we will stay that way (free)
    Lived here for 24 years and aside from the housing situation and high unemployment things are looking up from a couple of years back.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Contact Ben Bunker. I work at a local store here in Las Vegas and all of our class III customers go through him. He's a good guy and will set it all up for $200.
    Las Vegas Small Business Lawyer, Corporate Attorney | Bunker Law Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When I lived in PA there was a Sheriff there that wouldn't sign just because he didn't like NFA. One of the people that he denied had him served with a "Writ of Mandamious" (proper spelling unknown) which basically compels him to do his job. From that point on the word was out and all of the Sheriffs in the state followed suit.

It may be an option for you...
    The MULE

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by G0VT_MULE View Post
    When I lived in PA there was a Sheriff there that wouldn't sign just because he didn't like NFA. One of the people that he denied had him served with a "Writ of Mandamious" (proper spelling unknown) which basically compels him to do his job. From that point on the word was out and all of the Sheriffs in the state followed suit.

It may be an option for you...
    The MULE
    Writ of mandamus is the term

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

removed
    Last edited by marshalltx; 08-09-2015 at 06:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree with most of the guys here. Get a trust and collect as many tax stamps you can before they decide to change the rules on trusts. I got my from Arsenal Attorneys who specialize in Gun Trusts and have attorneys in multiple states. Great experience and fast service with them but I probably over paid compared to some of the other firms offering gun trusts.
    "Free men do not ask for permission to bear arms."

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Didn't want to start a new thread........just curious if there is any updated news on CLEO sign-offs for NFA transfers in the Las Vegas area? Is there any other official that can/will sign besides the Sheriff? Police Chief in Henderson or Boulder City, for instance? A Judge, maybe?

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezveedub View Post
    Keep in mind, anything you have under your name now will be separate from the trust. If you want them in the trust, you have to transfer them at $200 each. I can add non NFA items into the trust as well, but once you have the tax stamp on an item in your name, it's another tax stamp to change the ownership into the trust.
    I do not believe this to be the case. As a trustee, you are free to assign articles to the trust. All you need is a memorandum of assignment, which is just a piece of paper that you write the serial number and description on and sign in the presence of two witnesses. Personally owned NFA items should be no different. The trust is not a person or entity completely apart from yourself.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links