Denied by the sheriff in Las Vegas - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Denied by the sheriff in Las Vegas

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
    Which sheriff was it and did they give a reason for the denial?
    As written, the CLEO signoff on the Form 4 is only to attest that the person filing the form, being photographed and printed is who they assert themselves to be. Therefore, the only appropriate 'reason' the sheriff can give as to why he or she will not sign the form is that you are not who you claim to be. Anything else is illegal. The writ of mandamum is an excellent idea.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by romahk View Post
    Denied by the sherif in Las Vegas after 11 approvals in the last 7 years! What says you?
    Get a trust. WTF is wrong with your sherif? Can you get a judge to sign it? Where I live its easy to get it signed. However, the trust saves you from getting printed as well. I really believe that at this point in time its the best option out there.

Sean

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by G0VT_MULE View Post
    When I lived in PA there was a Sheriff there that wouldn't sign just because he didn't like NFA. One of the people that he denied had him served with a "Writ of Mandamious" (proper spelling unknown) which basically compels him to do his job. From that point on the word was out and all of the Sheriffs in the state followed suit.

It may be an option for you...
    The MULE

I live in PA and my sheriff has always been great with NFA stuff. She is nothing but great. When I lived in another county, my local cheif would always sign the form 4's as well. PA has been pretty good for me gun wise.

Sean

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

$$$$ All about $$$$ in Politics.. If big donors are pissed or have a bug up there azz.. Maybe one he sighed for was used by someone, got stolen, etc.. If nothing changed on your end it is political most likely..

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I have CLEO signoff option and I still switched.. He started doing his own pre ATF background check before he signed anymore. 1st time 7-10days and this last time 2 months.. So add that on to the ATF wait when it was 10 months..

The trusts do not have to be as elaborate as some thing.. I know plenty of people after I spent hundreds on a lawyer who got one from that 199trust for like $69 with $10 back if they recommended him on a Forum..

THIS IS NOT A RECOMMENDATION FOR THE $10 OFF TO BE VERY CLEAR JUST FYI..

None of them had any problems.. my trust gets approved faster. If you do a trust think out the name alot of people forget it might be on your gun.. I made mine as small as possible (×× Trust) just my initials with the word Trust..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Denied in Vegas update

Long story short I think I figured it out. One of the transfers was thru a dealer that was in the process of being busted/indicted (locals know who I'm talking about). I understand they could not comment on it and I didn't get the hint. Of course since then I had no problems the trust way done by Ben locally

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    I do not believe this to be the case. As a trustee, you are free to assign articles to the trust. All you need is a memorandum of assignment, which is just a piece of paper that you write the serial number and description on and sign in the presence of two witnesses. Personally owned NFA items should be no different. The trust is not a person or entity completely apart from yourself.
    Ahh, that's not how it works. A trust IS a separate legal entity and transfer of NFA/Title II firearms already registered to yourself as individual cannot be just assigned or transferred into a trust with an assignment sheet. It must be Form 4 transfer approved by BATf with the tax paid for each item.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes, I heard about that dealer. I was told when I moved here in 2007 to stay away from him. There was talk of "lost" Form, missing parts during transfer. Not a dealer I wanted to have deal with my transfers.

Scott

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Tell him you will get a trust to bypass him if he won't sign so you will get what he doesn't want you to have anyways.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Just get the trust, and tell them nothing. Nothing like pissing off folks for no reason.
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.
    You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good.
    Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy.
    Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

"If you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat" Ronald Reagan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links