Transfer/shipping law question
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Transfer/shipping law question

  1. #1
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jan 2011
    Posts : 38
    0 Post(s)

    Default Transfer/shipping law question

    Can anyone tell me what is the requirements to ship a rifle from Louisiana to NH? Can I ship from a carrier to FFL, or do I need to ship from an FFL?

  2. #2
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    estesmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2013
    Location : North of one border South of another East and West of the others
    Posts : 2,924
    4 Post(s)


    It always pays to look over the ATF and Post office sites for current changes. However, the last time I looked, a rifle can go via USPS by an owner to a FFL. Handguns require a bit more effort for the non ffl owner.

  3. #3
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    KBAR04's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2005
    Location : University
    Age : 60
    Posts : 1,037
    4 Post(s)


    Estes is right. you can ship USPS or common carrier to the FFL. Best to check with the receiving FFL and see what their requirements are. Some do not want to receive from individuals although it is perfectly legal.
    Retired 0-4
    Khandahar, AFG
    Liaison:Bundeswehr DSO Afghanistan 2002

Sponsored Links


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts