Peremit Denied NYC - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Peremit Denied NYC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What is the fine in NYC for carrying a concealed weapon without a permit?
    In Okla. it is a misdemeanor and a $70 fine. There are many people here do not believe you need permission to carry. It is granted by the 2nd ammendment.
    That being said, I would not be able to live my life without carrying, legally, in order to protect my family. mp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trek45 View Post
    And your wish is granted.. You liking that licensing process?

I'm always baffled by gun owners who support gun restrictions like licensing or AWBs or MG bans or whatever. Especially when they're currently working with a lawyer to fight said restrictions.
    Let me clarify. I do not support any type of gun ban period. However most agree that certain people should not be in possesion of weapons such as felons ect. In a densely populated city you have more criminal, I do not object to law enforcement having a way to readily identify the good guy. However the license in my opion should be a document showing the the person is not under any restrictions of firearms ownership.

I do not agree with gun registration aswell. A license should be granted once a persons status is confirmed. This is my opion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Agreed, more criminals in a densely populated city - often the gov won't keep them locked up btw. Anyway, if there are more criminals, shouldn't it be easier for decent, law-abiding folks to defend themselves? And an interesting thing about gun licenses - criminals don't need them to buy guns. So they only keep law abiding folks unarmed. Be careful what you wish for.
    I am 100% with you it should be absolutely granted that a law abiding citizen is giving a license. The only thing I concede is that in urban areas like ours it should be easy for law enforcement to determine quickly if you are not prohibited since you are much more likely to come in contact with police here. Also there are many people coming and going here and not all there intentions are good. In summary its really all about being able to ID someone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mouthpiece View Post
    What is the fine in NYC for carrying a concealed weapon without a permit?
    In Okla. it is a misdemeanor and a $70 fine. There are many people here do not believe you need permission to carry. It is granted by the 2nd ammendment.
    It's a felony. You could wind up doing a year in jail and never be able to legally own guns again.

I am not sure what the charges would be if you had a licensed handgun on a premise permit and got caught carrying it, other than the revocation of your permit. I don't know if there is or is not criminal charges for that.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ask the NFL's Plaxico Burris. LOL He's in jail for 3 year sentence for doing just that.

Carab. You know you might be the landmark case against NYPD's licensing that everyone has been waiting for. I would suggest you also contact the SAF and NYSRPA to let them know as they might offer you some additional assistance and piggy back your case so that it will go to a Federal level.
    Hidden Content
    Vids: Hidden Content
    NRA Life Member, FL CCW, USPc, HK45, Springfield Rangeofficer 1911, Buckmark, M1 Super90, R700p LTR TWS, CZ 455

Range Courtesy: (watch your brass!)[/SIZE]
    Hidden Content

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To me it really comes down to two things. There's the right to bear arms, but also the registration of firearms. Unfortunately these are two separate things handled by one process. The right to bear arms can be debated all day long, and I think the vast majority on this board agree that this should be a right and not a privilege, but I'm not looking to restart that debate.

To me I feel the registration of legally owned firearms is definitely very important. If there were some way they could separate the two, I don't think any law-abiding citizen with no ill intent should have an issue with registration.

I think its important when debating these things to differentiate between the two because I think that possibly some of the sentiments above could have been misconstrued to be about licensing when in fact they were more referring to registration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MueveloNYC View Post
    Ask the NFL's Plaxico Burris. LOL He's in jail for 3 year sentence for doing just that.

Carab. You know you might be the landmark case against NYPD's licensing that everyone has been waiting for. I would suggest you also contact the SAF and NYSRPA to let them know as they might offer you some additional assistance and piggy back your case so that it will go to a Federal level.
    I guess we just have to see what happens with the appeals process first. But if I have to fight this in court I will reach out to all resources I can. Even if it goes to court I cant see it going very far,at best it may set some case law which the NYPD already ignore.
    Last edited by Caraballoso; 11-17-2010 at 11:12 PM. Reason: more info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now this is an issue I can totally agree with you on. Think back to Nazi Germany, the first thing they did was to require registration and then they used it to disarm the jews and others. Registration is the first step in confiscation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Curious how you think licensing is OK but registration isn't. Don't they both put you on a list of people whose doors they can come knocking on to ask for your guns? Of course, criminals won't be on that list and will get to keep their guns.
    Licensing and registration are two very different things. License means you satisfiy a requirement such as not being a felon ect. registration is the goverment keeping track of what and how much you have. Nazi Germany is a good case against registration, they used it to disarm the jews and others they didnt want having guns.

Many state license following the shall issue model meaning basically your not under prohibition and I might add that alot of them are diehard progun states. I agree that once a state licenses people there is an open door for abuse, I dont claim to have all or any answer how to balance our rights and keeping guns from people who should not have them.
    Last edited by Caraballoso; 12-27-2010 at 12:47 PM. Reason: miss spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by willus View Post
    I think in this case it wouldn't have mattered if you put yes or no you still would have been denied, but you certainly didn't help yourself putting no when there was a doubt. This is just my opinion after having my application denied for being honest. I fought it on my own(the basis of the denial wasn't of a criminal nature)and won. I called a lawyer on the island(Murtha&Murtha) for a free over the phone consultation then chatted with a lawyer friend to get my head straight before writing up my appeal. Since I didn't have to access any records or get any affidavits or anything my appeal went right thru with no problems and I won.

I just checked the Murtha website and it seems to have changed... the old site had links about 2A rights now no mention, but i'd still give them a call. it's pricey but if you have the money to burn then go for it. The only other 2A guy is Chambers who charges a ton for this stuff.
    If you dont mind sharing how long after you submitted your appeal did it take for an answer? Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links