NYPD PURCHASE ORDER - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: NYPD PURCHASE ORDER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Muev - there's nothing about which to be confused. Theirs is a system designed and operated to harass, delay and infuriate those who dare to exercise their rights to keep and bear arms while residing in NYC. There is no possible "need" for them to receive a photocopy of a license that they themselves produced, and that is based on information stored electronically in their systems (and in paper form, for some information) that is available to them 24-7. Like so many other "gotcha" parts of the NYPD license process, this requirement is designed as a trip up....witness how many people they've caught just in this thread!
    GHEN likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You guys are ALL welcome in Arizona!!!

Ditch the crap carry full autos around, carry concealed all day with NO permit. Open carry if you please.

The best part:
    NO SNOW OR NASTY PEOPLE!!
    NRA Life Member

NRA Certified Instructor

From the Great Free State of Arizona

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

the best part about this is that once you finally get that pink slip, you only have 30 days to purchase the firearm or else you need to forfeit the purchase order! sucks for those who want to buy tough to find guns or try to win stuff on gunbroker!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BronxHunter View Post
    It's the city regs up here. When you want to buy a pistol, you fill out and mail a "Purchase Order" request form. When you're approved you go and pick up the purchase order that allows you to buy one additional firearm. It seems like a lot to folks like yourself who have a much easier time of it. If we want to buy/own pistols that's what we have to do. I don't like it but I'm a law abiding citizen. So when in Rome, .....
    More like "when in Babylon."

Geez. And I thought the up-state gun laws in NY were odious with the required wait time for pistol purchases, never realized how much worse they are for city folks. Need to ask permission to use your permit, in order to exercise your right, to have 7 rds.

That's why I got the hell out of NY and moved to Missouri after the "SAFE act." Has played hell on my wallet. But my collection is nicer, and freedom - well. That's priceless.
    HKaltwasser likes this.
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9
    Future: Done, until HK comes out with something new & nifty. Might start building an FNH collection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PCFIVEZ View Post
    the best part about this is that once you finally get that pink slip, you only have 30 days to purchase the firearm or else you need to forfeit the purchase order! sucks for those who want to buy tough to find guns or try to win stuff on gunbroker!
    The best way to deal with it is to work with your dealer. You need the slip to do the transfer from the dealer to you, not to win an auction or to have a dealer try and find you a hard to get item. Let the FFL know the situation you are in and I am sure they will work with you to either, find what you are looking for or accept the transfer from an online auction. When you win an auction, the transfer did not happen, it needs to transfer to an FFL first. You then need your FFL to hold the firearm in his stock. At this point, you apply for your PO and once you receive it your FFL can do the transfer to you. Its crazy how we need to do things this way, but if you are really looking for something special and have to have it, this is the best way to go about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links