Any Upstate NY HK45 owners?

Thread: Any Upstate NY HK45 owners?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Any Upstate NY HK45 owners?

It's official... I got congressional approval from my boss (wife) that I can buy my HK45! Only problem is, I don't know what trigger I want. I have shot HK's with the regular DA/SA trigger, but never an LEM trigger. Anyone upstate, near Corning, or within a reasonable drive, that has ANY HK with a light LEM and could help a brother out by letting him shoot it?? If anyone around has one I could try, I would REALLY appreciate it! Otherwise I may have to order a DA/SA and maybe convert it later or something. Anyone??

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

If you had caught me about 3 years ago I would have been able to help you out I was in Ithaca. If you move over to TX maybe. I know a bunch of gun owners, but not HK owners in Upstate NY.

The Best I can tell you about Light LEM is, it's a voodoo trigger. It is all dependent on how you run a trigger though. If you're a trigger slapper, then you'll not get the benefit of the trigger system. IF you've fired the standard DA/SA the HK45 is possibly the best save a Match trigger setup in the USP series. The light LEM is best in the HK45 and USP series hands down. IMO you can't lose either way. But I understand wanting to try before you buy. I think if you order the DA/SA the conversion isn't too difficult.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If it's an HK I probably want one.

I BACK THE BLUE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another fellow upstate New Yorker here. I just bought to HK's recently. A USP 40 full size and a 45c. In the next month or so I plan on installing LEM kits in one of these and if you still haven't gotten one yet I'll PM you. I'm up here near the Rotterdam Schenectady area. From what I have researched about them, some people love them and some people end up taking them right back out. I'm used to a Glock like trigger so I think I will most likely enjoy and LEM kit.
    Last edited by Gman556; 04-06-2016 at 09:51 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ETA: okay I just looked on the map where Corning is it looks like you are probably at least a couple hours away from me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYLE3123 View Post
    It's official... I got congressional approval from my boss (wife) that I can buy my HK45! Only problem is, I don't know what trigger I want. I have shot HK's with the regular DA/SA trigger, but never an LEM trigger. Anyone upstate, near Corning, or within a reasonable drive, that has ANY HK with a light LEM and could help a brother out by letting him shoot it?? If anyone around has one I could try, I would REALLY appreciate it! Otherwise I may have to order a DA/SA and maybe convert it later or something. Anyone??
    I get down there from the Syracuse/Rochester area often enough to do some surveillance work. Was just passing thru Horseheads last week and grabbed some ammo from Scott's Gun Shop I believe? But back on topic, I have several HK pistolas with light LEM, including HK45, HK45c, USP9 & 40, P2000, P2000sk, and P30, all in 9mm. And a VP9 if you'd like to fiddle with that. Not sure when I'll be back but it shouldn't be too long. I will PM you when I know that I'll be coming to a town near you.
    P.S. Love the HK45. Love the grip and it is accurate and easy to shoot. Mine has a gen. 2 Surefire X300 weapon light attached right now. The HK45c is a great gun but it only has 2 back straps and feels a touch too small for my mitts, as I'm used to a USP primarily, so I'm going to put a Hogue grip over it in the hope that it will fit better. I'm carrying the P2000 with the XL back strap and it fits great now.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had the LEM on my P2000sk. Hated it because it just made the trigger more "squishy". DA/SA all the way if you like crisp triggers. Traded it via FFL transfer for a Benelli M1 S90 NYC compliant.
    Hidden Content
    Vids: Hidden Content
    NRA Life Member, FL CCW, USPc, HK45, Springfield Rangeofficer 1911, Buckmark, M1 Super90, R700p LTR TWS, CZ 455

Range Courtesy: (watch your brass!)[/SIZE]
    Hidden Content

Sponsored Links