Anyone have Grayguns do trigger work for you?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone have Grayguns do trigger work for you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Anyone have Grayguns do trigger work for you?

I'm curious to know if anyone here has had Grayguns perform the reduced reset carry perfection package. If so, what are your results, and are you happy with the work?
    Hk VP9
    Hk P2000 V2
    S&W Model 10
    K98 Mauser
    Marlin Golden 39-A

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My P2000 LEM is there as we speak. I will post results when I get it back. He has a reputation as being one of the best in the business and that's why I sent my HK to him.
    (2) P2000 40cal V2 LEM (With Light LEM springs)(357 Sig Barrels)
    USP 45f (Match LEM Trigger Setup)
    Beretta Cougar 40 cal
    Glock Model 20 10mm
    Ithaca Model 37 Police 12 guage (No Sear Dis-Connector)
    Remington 870 Tactical 12 guage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ptechjpjr View Post
    My P2000 LEM is there as we speak. I will post results when I get it back. He has a reputation as being one of the best in the business and that's why I sent my HK to him.
    Excellent, when are you expecting your P2000 back?
    Hk VP9
    Hk P2000 V2
    S&W Model 10
    K98 Mauser
    Marlin Golden 39-A

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've heard nothing but glowing comments of GGI's work from guys who's opinion I highly respect.
    It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, then it's just fun. ....TG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wsrp7 View Post
    I've heard nothing but glowing comments of GGI's work from guys who's opinion I highly respect.
    That's great to hear; because I was thinking about sending my P2000 off. Now that I have the P7 I can carry while it's away.
    Hk VP9
    Hk P2000 V2
    S&W Model 10
    K98 Mauser
    Marlin Golden 39-A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainD View Post
    I'm curious to know if anyone here has had Grayguns perform the reduced reset carry perfection package. If so, what are your results, and are you happy with the work?
    My suggestion is NOT do it. While I have done trigger jobs with several of my other brand guns, like some 1911s, I never want to do anything to my HK guns even though my local gunsmith is also top notch. Two reasons: HKs are already top quality guns even though I admit its trigger is sometimes creepy only in double action but I can bear with it (I don't want anyone to touch it); second, if in case you want to sell it, some people may not like the fact you have done something to it. Personally, I will never buy a HK that has been modified.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by speedo View Post
    My suggestion is NOT do it. While I have done trigger jobs with several of my other brand guns, like some 1911s, I never want to do anything to my HK guns even though my local gunsmith is also top notch. Two reasons: HKs are already top quality guns even though I admit its trigger is sometimes creepy only in double action but I can bear with it (I don't want anyone to touch it); second, if in case you want to sell it, some people may not like the fact you have done something to it. Personally, I will never buy a HK that has been modified.
    I would normally totally agree with you speedo, but in this case I don't. The reason I will let Bruce Gray, and only Bruce Gray, work on my HK's is because he puts his work through extensive testing before he will even offer it to the public or LE officers. He also re-coats all the internal parts after the polishing work is finished so you don't have the inevitable future corrosion problems you will have with other gunsmith's work who don't re-coat the internal parts after polishing. His knowledge about the workings of the semi auto pistol is very evident if you read some of his posts on other forums. He also offers an optional nickel coating on the internals for an extra fee which is the ultimate for trigger smoothness.
    Beretta Cougar 40 cal
    Glock Model 20 10mm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainD View Post
    Excellent, when are you expecting your P2000 back?
    Approximately 9 weeks or so.
    Beretta Cougar 40 cal
    Glock Model 20 10mm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ptechjpjr View Post
    I would normally totally agree with you speedo, but in this case I don't. The reason I will let Bruce Gray, and only Bruce Gray, work on my HK's is because he puts his work through extensive testing before he will even offer it to the public or LE officers. He also re-coats all the internal parts after the polishing work is finished so you don't have the inevitable future corrosion problems you will have with other gunsmith's work who don't re-coat the internal parts after polishing. His knowledge about the workings of the semi auto pistol is very evident if you read some of his posts on other forums. He also offers an optional nickel coating on the internals for an extra fee which is the ultimate for trigger smoothness.
    +1 I do not own any GGI HKs, but I have a GGI Sig P229. The work certainly ain't cheap, especially compared to Springfield's service price, but I know that the smiths who work for Bruce are spending a few days with my gun, not just an hour or two polishing surfaces. I had the reduced reset carry package done on my 229, along with and internal overtravel stop, firing pin block replacement and new springs, guide rod and night sights. Torie called me a couple of times while she was working on it to ask me some questions about my preferences.

As promised, reset was decreased by at least 50-60% and it reset feel seems more positive. Double action pull is lightened and creep free. I did have a minor problem with my replacement sight and I have to return my slide to fix it. However, it is rare for them to have to revisit their own work. Luckily Bruce guarantees their work for life. While he is more widely known in Sig Sauer circles, he used to be a HK team shooter and has a wealth of knowledge and respect for HKs. When I can afford it I will be sending my P2Ksk to them for the same work.
    KYNDCOOKIE
    HKs: P7(NP3'd), P30L, P2000sk, SP89, USP9f, USP45f SS, C93, CA89
    SIGs: P220ST, P220R SAO, Montage Suisse P225 (Zurich PD), P226, P228 (Zurich PD), Grayguns P229R, GSR, 556

I have a lot of German guns...

smh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had the action perfection job done on my P220 supermatch. Couldn't be happier. The break on this SAO pistol is remarkable. It made shooting this already accurate pistol even easier to shoot. I sent mine in several months ago and got it back in a week. Don't know if they're still that fast with Bruce Gray's medical problems. In any case I would recommend them highly.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links