PMM VP9 compensator
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: PMM VP9 compensator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default PMM VP9 compensator

Has anyone used these? Any range reports?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I bought one. Should be delivered tomorrow. Seems legit.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes. Very interested as well. Interested in getting a threaded from hkparts then this bad boy. Trying to watch some YouTube's reviews all together on micro-comps and possible malfunctions they could bring. Heard things like 115 grain may be too weak and cause FTF. 124 may be the right amount or +Ps.
    My vp9 has shot everything from 115 to 124 , my federal hst defense rounds without a single hiccup. I'd like to make sure the comp wouldn't change that.
    Any micro comp info would be good.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Pinoy
    VP9
    P30SK
    P30L .40

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pinoy_bandit View Post
    Trying to watch some YouTube's reviews all together on micro-comps and possible malfunctions they could bring. Heard things like 115 grain may be too weak and cause FTF. 124 may be the right amount or +Ps.
    My vp9 has shot everything from 115 to 124 , my federal hst defense rounds without a single hiccup. I'd like to make sure the comp wouldn't change that.
    Do folks have no idea how ammunition work? Correlation is not causation, people.

Does 9mm 115 gr ammo choke much easier on comps? Or even possibly new guns? Sure. But that's not a function of it being 115 gr, per se, it's that 115 gr ammo is generally the cheapest to manufacture, so the cheap **** is 115 gr. You can have pretty ****ing hot 115 gr ammo that will drive a comp just fine; factory stuff will probably not be maximizing the gas drive, but there's still some decently loaded ammo, like Speer Lawman or S&B; if you're getting some shitty WWB or Remington UMC that's clocking <1150 FPS, then yeah, your ****'s gonna have FTEs and FTFs. You could just as easily have some power puff 124 gr or 147 gr ammo that will cause issues.

Feed a micro-comped gun decent ammo, and you're usually fine on the reliability front; different guns will have different tolerances, just the nature of things. I currently run the Arc Sparc (https://www.arc-division.com/product-page/arc-sparc) on my P30LSes, and haven't had any issues with Speer Lawman 115 gr, Lawman 147 gr, Federal HST 147 gr, and Speer Gold Dot 124 gr +P; while my gun has had work done on it, it still runs stock recoil assemblies. The VP9 might have a few options for reduced power recoil springs, but it'll be a lot tougher to tune than a Glock, which has a bazillion such options.

Ultimately, micro-comps are kinda of a gimmick, IMO; for some ammo, there just isn't very much difference to be had (my 147 gr shots have had minimal differences), while even for those with definite perceived differences, such as my Lawman 115 gr or Gold Dot 124 gr +P, the difference on the timer did not readily appear for me (I typically perform around 55% to 60% of the GMs at my local USPSA match, shooting in open). It can make longer shooting sessions more pleasant with some ammo, and it can make one-handed stuff a little easier, and there are some folks that think it really helps with longer range multiple hits on target with the RDS, but the trade-off is a reduced reliability window and totally ****ed holster choices.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 11-06-2018 at 03:33 AM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warranty View Post
    I bought one. Should be delivered tomorrow. Seems legit.
    Very informative info.
    Very interested in one of these and read how you like it. Price is a little marked up compared to others but looks good cosmetically.

Pinoy
    VP9
    P30SK
    P30L .40

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Definitely plan on running +P in mine.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Cool. I ordered one and I'll try it out.

Warranty likes this.
    Pinoy
    VP9
    P30SK
    P30L .40

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Pretty nice. Can't say I can compare to other comps. Significant difference though between standard barrel and pmm comp.

Pinoy
    VP9
    P30SK
    P30L .40

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warranty View Post
    Definitely plan on running +P in mine.
    Warranty
    I had some issues with the timing. From their install video, they had. 002 shims. Mine only came with 5s and 10s and I could not get it close to the 10degree tilt before full application. It was a little loose and even with the rocksett applied, got loose after the range. I've reached out to PMM which have pretty responsive so far.

Did yours come with the. 002 shims?

Pinoy
    VP9
    P30SK
    P30L .40

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pinoy_bandit View Post
    Warranty
    I had some issues with the timing. From their install video, they had. 002 shims. Mine only came with 5s and 10s and I could not get it close to the 10degree tilt before full application. It was a little loose and even with the rocksett applied, got loose after the range. I've reached out to PMM which have pretty responsive so far.

Did yours come with the. 002 shims?

Yeah, mine came with all the shims. Mine wasn’t easy either. Was going to go shoot today. Going to try to go tomorrow. Been too damn busy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links