Brownells PWS HK416 barrel arrived
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Brownells PWS HK416 barrel arrived

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Brownells PWS HK416 barrel arrived

I figured I'd take a shot at one of the Brownell's HK416 barrels made by PWS. It arrived two weeks ago and everything looked good. I checked fit and how the index tabs worked then sent it off to ADCO for cut and thread at 10.4 and open gas port to 1.5mm for use with my vented gas block. I was gonna go with another guy but I had to send an upper out for pin/weld so figured I'd see how ADCO turned out. Got back yesterday and assembled and went to test. I have over 200 rounds through it the past two days without a single hiccup. Locks bolt back unsuppressed and works fine suppressed. I ran it real fast suppressed to see if I could get a failure and it just kept going. I gotta clean up the cuts on the gas block for the geissele rail!

I wasn't gonna try this but I had a brand new HK bolt head in the safe and figured I'd see how it works so I can save the Original HK barrel/bolt. I have another 416 that I rarely shoot so this will be my shooter. Overall I'm very happy. Accuracy at 50 yards was a ragged hole ( I scoped it just to see how accurate it was). 100 yards with 55 FMJ probably 2 MOA just shooting fast and with some 77 SMK reloads it was just over MOA for a few groups. Good enough for me anyday for a SBR. There is a review on snipershide from DMACK about the PWS barrels...I believe he abused his and had somewhere around 28k rounds and it kept going and was MOA.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Brownells PWS HK416 barrel arrived-img_1791.jpg  
    Last edited by alan98; 01-08-2019 at 02:16 PM.
    IsaacL and tdig like this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I am also impressed with the Brownell's barrel. I left mine at the 16" and very good groupings 1" MOA for sure. Plan to cut down to 14.5" with Surefire flash hider permanently installed.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Glad to read a positive review on their barrel although it does make you wonder why they didn’t go through the steps to make a 10.4” version as well.
    Saab95v6 likes this.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oicani View Post
    Glad to read a positive review on their barrel although it does make you wonder why they didn’t go through the steps to make a 10.4” version as well.
    Yeah I agree! I figured I'd take the chance to get one cut and see how it turned out and I can say after 2 days of running it suppressed/unsuppressed and scopes for groups I am 100% satisfied.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blhar View Post
    I am also impressed with the Brownell's barrel. I left mine at the 16" and very good groupings 1" MOA for sure. Plan to cut down to 14.5" with Surefire flash hider permanently installed.
    Agreed! They are accurate barrels..that's what I was concerned about. Getting it cut down and not being accurate, but they are good to go for sure. Steel plates at 300 yards round after round hits with just 55 FMJ.
    Last edited by alan98; 01-06-2019 at 07:32 PM.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

German HK vented gas block for 10.4” barrel is what I’m assuming you’re using?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yep I have a factory AK upper that has vented gas block. Just tore down and saved the barrel/bolt head and rebuilt with the Brownells barrel and a new HK bolt head. Very simple to do and Geissele barrel nut wrench and reaction rod makes it a simple job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so these Brownells barrels are not Chrome lined hammer forged either huh.. i am still considering picking one up to build a 11.5 inch upper for my MR 5.56 ..
    My HK Gun List and Clones

HK SP5 9mm
    HK MR 5.56 A1 16.5 / HK MR 5.56 10.4 HK 416 clone upper
    PTR 91 F
    PTR 9
    PTR G3K
    Century Arms C93
    HK Mark 23
    HK 45 LEM
    HK USP Tactical 9mm
    HK USP Tactical 45
    HK VP9 OD With Longslide kit aswell
    HK VP9SK
    HK 45C OD

Next up to get
    HK 93
    HK USP CT 45
    HK USP 9
    HK USP 45

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darcwolf73 View Post
    so these Brownells barrels are not Chrome lined hammer forged either huh.. i am still considering picking one up to build a 11.5 inch upper for my MR 5.56 ..
    Nitrided steel. Probably stainless steel.
    Extensions are German, though.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I am surprised that someone has not done a clone HK416 barrel that is chrome-lined.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links