Pending Work with IGF - looking for other members - Page 10
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Pending Work with IGF - looking for other members

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

IGF has had my MR556 upper since April 2018. It was sent, along with a payment of 840.00, to have the barrel, reprofiled, shortened, nitrided and have a Surefire Warcomp permanently atttached.

As with others, I have had limited to no responses from Mr. Cotter and multiple missed ship dates. I have not reached the point where I want to report the upper stolen, but I am running out of patience/options. Honestly, at this point I don’t care about the money, I just want my upper back.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

So I went through Baxter county sheriff. It’s been a complete cluster I am very disappointed in what was well know builder to fall so far. The sheriffs office has now gotten him mother involved and for those still thinking of waiting it out. Best of luck cause I think he really took a bad beating, he may lost a few or more marbles along the way. I could deal with a special weapons built gun but a special ed built gun might be pushing it.
    HK's make me smile!

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Update to the OP as of 6/19. Mr. Cotter has been returning parts/guns back to those who have requested them. I personal received my adjustable gas block barrel and extension still in it's original packaging, which leads to the obvious point. When Jayson had been sending emails in early 2018 that 416C barrels were in production, those emails were false. If he had been doing what he said he was doing all along, my barrel extension would be attached to a barrel about a year ago.

Anyhow, I got some parts back, but I am owed a total of $775 in cash for the barrel deposit ($400) and the 416C PDW Stock ($375), which was not sent back to me. This has been a complete sh!t show. Some justice is coming out of this, but still many more are waiting on Jayson to do the right thing.
    Last edited by Oicani; 06-19-2019 at 05:46 PM.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oicani - what did you do or say that finally triggered Jayson to send some or your parts back to you? Like many here, I have tried everything to get in contact with him to no avail. He has my very nice MP5F kit and assorted 922r parts and a $2100 prepayment which he solicited in December in order to get my build done.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Magistral1978 View Post
    Oicani - what did you do or say that finally triggered Jayson to send some or your parts back to you? Like many here, I have tried everything to get in contact with him to no avail. He has my very nice MP5F kit and assorted 922r parts and a $2100 prepayment which he solicited in December in order to get my build done.
    Contact the sheriff’s department. See posted #85. That’s what a few of us have done.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I appreciate it. I’ll let you know how it works out.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I have no work with IGF, and I have no dog in this. I've been following it mostly out of a mismash of outrage and empathy.

Hopefully people get their parts and money back.

I have had similar foul ups or long waits in the past, so I get it -- my take away from those experiences is that one ought to be skeptical of time quotes ranging up above a few weeks after money is exchanged and parts sent. Quality builders will have a wait list, but IF/after they accept the work, they get it done. Accepting work, parts and money, with a few month lead is "I'll get around to it."

For a time, that type of organizational system can work -- but life and other four letter words happen -- and then things slip.

I trust builders with shorter lead times the most -- to me, it shows they 'are present' with their work.

I surely don't know what I'll be up to in 4 months -- and I figure I'm a pretty average dude.
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, P8, 2x P8A1, USP9
    Future: Done, until HK comes out with something new & nifty. Might start building an FNH collection.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Magistral1978 View Post
    I appreciate it. I’ll let you know how it works out.
    PM me your email address and I’ll include you in the group email we have going.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rdbyrdc137 View Post
    IGF has had my MR556 upper since April 2018. It was sent, along with a payment of 840.00, to have the barrel, reprofiled, shortened, nitrided and have a Surefire Warcomp permanently atttached.

As with others, I have had limited to no responses from Mr. Cotter and multiple missed ship dates. I have not reached the point where I want to report the upper stolen, but I am running out of patience/options. Honestly, at this point I don’t care about the money, I just want my upper back.
    PM me your email address. I have about 20 guys on a group chat all in various stages with getting this mess resolved.
    TallPine likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you. As a new member, I don’t believe I can use the PM functionality, or if I can I can’t seem to figure it out. Any other way to give you my email rather than posting it?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links