Pending Work with IGF - looking for other members - Page 14
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Pending Work with IGF - looking for other members

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Just got word from the AG and Sheriff's Office. Now is the time to file your claim/complaint and seek resolution. If you have asked for property and cash refund and have been partially satisfied or not at all, you MUST file by today. Here are those links again:

https://www.baxtercountysheriff.com/contact

https://www.arkansasag.gov/forms/fil...mer-complaint/
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

This is going to be my final push to help members out. Don’t wait! It’s either act now or wait until Jayson gets his personal life sorted so he can return back to working again.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Default Pending Work with IGF - looking for other members

Quote Originally Posted by kriss954 View Post
    Unfortunately it has come down to the arrest of Mr. Jayson Cotter. I cannot express in words how truly unfortunate this is. I think all of us involved would have preferred another route and if the prosecutor reads this I personally hope you give him one last change to fix this and make things right for his customers.

While some of us are sympathetic to his circumstances, it’s still not an excuse to ignore customers and not return promised work within reasonable time frames. An example of reasonable would be if he quoted 3 months turnaround, a max of 6 months would be reasonable. I have been waiting over a year with spotty communication. Some other members have waited upwards of 3-4 years with months of zero communication and they have been paid in full.

But again, I hope he is given one last chance to make this right.
    Last edited by Oicani; 08-01-2019 at 01:25 PM.
    chuckster62 and Saab95v6 like this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Wow! Article mentions a law enforcement agency that he stiffed... I would imagine that certainly escalated things. So sad... He did an amazing job building my MP5F.... its a work of art and he was super helpful with the one or two teething issues as well. I hope they give him a chance to sort this mess out... sounds like he still has all of the parts.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)

I've never posted these pics before. This is an MP5/40 build Jayson at IGF did on a 94 a decade ago. The pipe protruding out of the rear of the receiver is a piece of absolutely straight moly tubing that is inserted into the barrel with no play. Essentially the trunnion was crooked, enough that the metal receiver was wrinkled on the outside of the receiver.

Pending Work with IGF - looking for other members-672.jpg

Take a look at the alignment of the magwell to the receiver.

Pending Work with IGF - looking for other members-683.jpg

After it arrived, I took this gun to TSC Machine. He must have said at least 10 times while I was there, "I'd never let this leave my shop." He was astonished by the workmanship (not in a good way).

I sent it back to Jayson, and to his credit, he got it mostly worked out...trunnion is straight, but magwell isn't perfect, but Mike made a few adjustments and it runs perfectly. When I say, "to his credit" I mean, I thought this build was a lost cause. He still should have shipped this gun right the first time, and the second time it came back, it should have been perfect. So, I never went back to him.
    Last edited by SudS; 08-01-2019 at 06:26 PM.
    caf82313 likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I sure wish I heard of these prior to sending my stuff. All I heard was good things. I would settle for a gun built with jb weld at this point.
    HK's make me smile!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johoevasmatrix View Post
    I sure wish I heard of these prior to sending my stuff. All I heard was good things. I would settle for a gun built with jb weld at this point.
    There have been other threads. Invariably, Jayson would throw a fit in them and they eventually the threads would get deleted.
    caf82313 and Brad4065 like this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    There have been other threads. Invariably, Jayson would throw a fit in them and they eventually the threads would get deleted.
    My $.02......My first MP5, well beyond a decade old, and SEVERAL thousand rounds, is/was produced by Jayson, and I've never had a failure....ever. Love it.

Fast forward.....I always recommended him, based off the work he did for me, but then ^^^ and some others had some VERY shoddy 416 barrel work done, and it just all went down hill from there. As ^^^ said, while I "think" he was a supporting vendor...don't know for sure....any time the sh$t hit the fan, it was like "OH.....DELETE...DELETE...DELETE...NEVER HAPPENED....CAN'T SAY THAT!!!"

So.....I think there's a lesson to be learned here. I know I learned one.....as much as I loved his work, supported him, recommended him....he sucked, and never righted his wrong.

Sorry Jayson....you let everyone down, including yourself. You had a great thing going, and you f'cked it up. For those that lost.....I am truly sorry, and do hope you get your money/stuff back.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    Unfortunately those types of threads disintegrate into a huge purse fight, then threads get deleted. Each builder has their leg humpers and they jump in. Moreover, some of the builders don’t exactly take criticism very well (think immature, defensive, low self esteem, build themselves up by criticizing their competition). We all know who they are. Ultimately, I got a gun that was 95% and Mike at TSC fixed another builder’s mistakes...it’s what he does.
    Last edited by SudS; 08-02-2019 at 12:56 AM.
    waylon43, Brad4065, ccosby and 1 others like this.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links