Pending Work with IGF - looking for other members
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Pending Work with IGF - looking for other members

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Default Pending Work with IGF

Bottom Line First: I personally am out $1247 between cash and parts since January 2018.

Factual Details:
    I initially submitted a $400 check with parts to Mr. Cotter on January 17, 2018 via overnight delivery by FedEx, tracking number 7712 3580 816. Per his February 26, 2018 email to me, I would have my 416C 9” nitride barrel by some time by March. April 20, 2018 email indicated he was still waiting to have the barrel back from being nitride. On November 30th, I follow up with a letter by USPS Certified Mail 7016 3560 0000 6333 7448 & Regular First Class asking for communication not only for myself but for several other member who were stuck in a similar situation. On January 7th, 2019 Mr. Cotter replied back to me stating the below and yes he has a ton of excuses but offered this: "I am hoping to have these custom barrels done this month. They required a little more machine work than the MR barrels since they needed the gas block pins, gas port, and a couple other spots machined that the standard MR barrels did not."
    ..and...
    "I have a few MR anodizing and restamps left, I think I’ll be doing these barrels and those at about the same time. I was hoping to have all the MRs out before Jan 1st, but still have a handful to complete. I am serious about finishing these and making everyone whole. I don’t have any plans on screwing anyone, wouldn’t want to in the first place, plus financially I have a HAAS CNC that I bought specifically for MRs so it wouldn’t make any sense to rip off 20 guys and let my CNC sit. I’d much rather stay in the barrel making and modifying business. "

Rule #1 see the rules https://www.hkpro.com/forum/outside-...ack-rules.html
    I am asking for other member to also post factual details and let's please keep the backhanded comments to yourselves. I understand people are pissed off, but that will not help the further situation towards positive resolution.

Rule #2: I want to give Mr. Jayson Cotter of Investment Grade Firearms (IGF) the benefit of all the doubts he has created with an opportunity to not only comment but to also make good on what he said he would do and to also deliver. That’s delivery according to dates he is setting.

Seems I am to receive my barrel by the end of January.

Update 6/19/2019: Mr. Cotter has been returning parts/guns back to those who have requested them. I personal received my adjustable gas block barrel and extension still in it's original packaging on 6/10. I am owed a total of $775 for the barrel deposit ($400) I gave him a year and half ago and the 416C PDW Stock ($375), which was not sent back to me.
    Last edited by Oicani; 08-01-2019 at 01:34 PM.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oicani View Post
    Bottom Line First: I personally am out $1070.30 between cash and parts since January 2018.

Factual Details:
    I initially submitted a $400 check with parts to Mr. Cotter on January 17, 2018 via overnight delivery by FedEx, tracking number 7712 3580 816. Per his February 26, 2018 email to me, I would have my 416C 9” nitride barrel by some time by March. April 20, 2018 email indicated he was still waiting to have the barrel back from being nitride. On November 30th, I follow up with a letter by USPS Certified Mail 7016 3560 0000 6333 7448 & Regular First Class asking for communication not only for myself but for several other member who were stuck in a similar situation. On January 7th, 2019 Mr. Cotter replied back to me stating the below and yes he has a ton of excuses but offered this: "I am hoping to have these custom barrels done this month. They required a little more machine work than the MR barrels since they needed the gas block pins, gas port, and a couple other spots machined that the standard MR barrels did not."
    ..and...
    "I have a few MR anodizing and restamps left, I think I’ll be doing these barrels and those at about the same time. I was hoping to have all the MRs out before Jan 1st, but still have a handful to complete. I am serious about finishing these and making everyone whole. I don’t have any plans on screwing anyone, wouldn’t want to in the first place, plus financially I have a HAAS CNC that I bought specifically for MRs so it wouldn’t make any sense to rip off 20 guys and let my CNC sit. I’d much rather stay in the barrel making and modifying business. "

Rule #1 see the rules https://www.hkpro.com/forum/outside-...ack-rules.html
    I am asking for other member to also post factual details and let's please keep the backhanded comments to yourselves. I understand people are pissed off, but that will not help the further situation towards positive resolution.

Rule #2: I want to give Mr. Jayson Cotter of Investment Grade Firearms (IGF) the benefit of all the doubts he has created with an opportunity to not only comment but to also make good on what he said he would do and to also delivery. That’s delivery according to dates he is setting.
    I also have 416C parts ( OICANI sent to him with his parts) and $400 ( 1/2 up front per Jayson) paid on 01-15-2018 paid over internet on SQUARE invoice#201801154, as I'm doing the C build also, also waiting...………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……………………………………………………………………………………………………..………………………… ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………. ..01-13-2019 still nothing
    caf82313 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

My ongoing transaction with Jayson/IGF is for a HK91 to HK51K conversion. I originally contacted Jayson in November of 2016 when I purchased the HK91 for the conversion. At that time, he stated that he could turn the work around in 3 months. I shipped the gun and parts to Jayson 12/16/2016. After multiple requests for an update on when the conversion would begin, Jayson finally got back to me 2/20/17 and told me that he would not be starting work until April of 2017. At this time the gun and parts had been with him for more than the 3 months he originally told me the entire process would take. I checked back in with Jayson at the beginning of April and he asked me to send him all the details of what I wanted for the conversion (which I had already provided twice prior to this request). On 4/13/17 Jayson sent me final pricing and requested payment in full for the conversion which in-turn I went to the bank and got a cashier’s check 4/15/2017 and mailed it the same day. I can’t really confirm when the work actually began but I was notified the gun was complete and received it back 11/27/2017 — 11 months after it was originally sent to Jayson/IGF.

Following receipt of the gun, there was a small issue with the cocking handle and also the carrier was not converted to full-auto spec which was something I had requested to begin with. After an additional email exchange with Jayson he asked that I send it back for these items to be addressed. I sent the gun back to him on 1/4/2018 and it was delivered on 1/9/2018. I chased and chased Jayson for the coming months for updates. He cited health issues and issues with vendors (specifically the outfit he uses for nitriding parts) for all the delays. I was very patient during this time and genuinely concerned for Jayson’s health. After plenty more chasing Jayson for updates and communication issues I was notified that the gun was to ship back to me 9/26/2018. I never received tracking information nor the gun as Jayson had promised. The last email communication I have from him is from 9/15/18 when he told me the gun would ship the following week. I have called, texted and emailed many times since then kindly requesting an update and have not received the courtesy of a response. This is beyond frustrating as I have learned from others that he is responding to requests for new business and responding to others that are in the same situation as me. Knowing he is blatantly ignoring me I felt I had to take further action. Between the cost of the HK91 donor rifle, conversion costs and parts I have more than $5,000 tied up in this transaction.

This past week I filed a complaint with the Arkansas Attorney General’s office. In speaking with the investigator assigned to my case they feel confident that this is an issue they can assist with. Hopefully we can find a fair and equitable resolution to my situation. Will keep everyone posted as this moves along.

***EDIT***

I received my rifle and associated items back earlier this week (week of 2/4/2019). The quality of Jayson's work is great. Unfortunately, based on the overall experience I would not work with him again on another project.
    Last edited by Jumpies; 03-12-2019 at 02:42 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

I definitely appreciate members stepping up and adding to this thread. I know everyone involved is upset and frustrated with this.

I believe Jayson will ultimately complete what he promised he will do. The point of this thread is to keep him honest and keep him on schedule. Reputation is everything in this business and I know Jayson has expressed keeping a positive reputation.

I invite others to share by indicating when you sent him your project and when he stated to deliver it back to you. Dollar amounts are also helpful details.
    Last edited by Oicani; 01-15-2019 at 04:21 PM.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have been waiting on an MR upper project from Jayson for 1 year, since January 2018. I paid him $905 for the work and sent parts totaling approximately $2300.

After not hearing back from him by email, I mailed him a hard-copy letter last July. He responded by email to that, saying he intended complete and ship all MR projects by the end of that month (July 2018). I have still not received my upper (now January 2019).

I understand he has been dealing with personal matters over the past year. I'm trying to be sympathetic and give him the benefit of the doubt. I really hope he comes through on this. At the very least, waiting customers deserve some sort of communication.

Does anyone have an open communication line to him, to get word to him on this stuff?

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Thanks for posting!

I do and it seems a couple of guys do too. He claims to be finishing up a few MR remarks and uppers. Next will be MR and 416C barrels. Time frame is this month according to Jayson directly.

I should also add that from my research a couple of other people have stepped up to force action and taken more drastic steps. I do know of a member here who has pending litigation against Jayson and is out $5k in parts and cash. Seems his efforts have gone unanswered as well and he still fighting to get his property and payment returned.

I have also confirmed that another member did get his worked on MR upper back in November. Seems stuff is getting back to people, just very slowly. I know of a few other members who have gotten various projects in 2018.

I would say the only way for this to correct itself is for Jayson to start cranking out work and to do it expeditiously.

Until then, we shall see and I will try to keep everyone posted. I encourage members who do get projects back from Jayson to also post here. I feel it’s important to see project are getting returned back to their owners.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I sent parts and partial payment in March 2018. I purchased a 416C clone barrel. I sent an upper receiver and had other necessary parts sent to him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I sent a HK91 to have a paddle release added and be refinished in March of 2018. I sent payment for the work at the end of August 2018 because he said it was nearly done. I've tried to contact him several times since sending payment and I haven't heard anything back. He seems like a good guy and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but this puts me in a bit of a pickle since I'm moving in a few weeks and if I cant get a hold of him it makes me a bit nervous that my rifle will end up getting sent to the wrong address.

Thanks for starting this thread, I hope we can all receive updates soon.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Thanks to you all for sharing your experiences. It is a great benefit to know what's going on in the HK community.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi Oicani,

I haven't heard anything from Jayson regarding MR uppers getting sent out by the end of this month. Do you have any new information? Thanks very much.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links