• 1 Post By gomerpyle
  • 1 Post By sabre675
  • 1 Post By bp1
  • 1 Post By BillSack

Thread: Grayguns P30 Short Rest Kit in a P30L TLG LEM

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Grayguns P30 Short Rest Kit in a P30L TLG LEM

. . . . Its amazing. Just awesome. Grayguns advertises that it reduces 1/3 of the reset distance - I think thats underselling it. I think its half. Install is easy in an LEM gun, you just need a good hook to capture that elbow spring to get the sear back in behind it (in front of it?
    You know what I mean). Swapping the roll pin in the sear is easy. I had already installed the enhanced fpbs, so I noticed to change there, but the break was noticeably lightly anyway, with the kit installed. Overall, couldn't be happier. The price is steep, but at least they're underselling and over delivering over there at Grayguns with the results. Next paycheck there will be a kit ordered for my USP. . .
    sabre675, Pheenixrizing and bp1 like this.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Compared to all the stupid **** people install on Glocks and other firearms accessories within the industry, I think it’s money well spent. Especially so given the options available for HK Pistols in general, much less this particular platform. Congratulations.
    Pheenixrizing likes this.
    HK45T OD V5/6
    HK45T OD W/Standard Barrel V5/6
    HK45T Black German V5/6
    HK45 Lipseys x Dos V5/6
    HK45c HKPro Edition RAL8000
    HK45c Black V7
    HK45c OD Green X Dos V7
    HK45c Baby Poo RAL8000 V7
    HK45 RAL8000 V5/6
    P30L V1
    P30SK V1
    USP .45 V5/6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Still loving mine after 600-700 rounds fired and plenty of dry firing. The gain in performance is WELL worth the cost of the kit. The trigger no longer has a long reset by anyone's definition. More importantly to me is the reduction in the distance required after the reset to reach the SA wall/break point.
    bp1 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Don’t muck with triggers,
    For the warranty, and especially for the reliability of the firearms.

Just my opinion, when it comes to a nightstand piece, or the wife’s nightstand piece, I would never muck with a HD lifesaver.

Maybe a range toy, NEVER a SD/HD firearm.

2 cents
    FAMILY, faithfulness, compassion, honesty, empathy, trust, hockey, single malt Scotch 21+, Heavy Metal music, German, Irish, Belgian, English bier, what else is there...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTICDETH View Post
    Don’t muck with triggers,
    For the warranty, and especially for the reliability of the firearms.

Just my opinion, when it comes to a nightstand piece, or the wife’s nightstand piece, I would never muck with a HD lifesaver.

Maybe a range toy, NEVER a SD/HD firearm.

2 cents
    QfT

If the new trigger is for a range toy or for competition, yup - I'd go for the upgrade. Ive come to aprreciate the p30 - and prefer the ergos of the p30 over the vp9

If for EDC or HD, trigger is great as is. A longer reset forces you to deliberate before taking the next shot - great for SD situations.

But don't want to to be debbie downer to the OP - I know I would LOVE to try the new trigger setup. I love the p30, and am intrigued by a short reset trigger..........
    Freak likes this.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Another post about triggers for keyboard commandos to turn into a soapbox. I guess I didn't see a question by the OP as to if he were conducting himself in accordance to the firearms virtues playbook. OP, you're fine and your pistol is completely competent in whichever role you decide to implement it.

1st I will say that if someone isn't at least marginally mechanically inclined, un-common sense dictates stay out of it and find someone that is competent in installing aftermarket parts in any firearm. The subject of voiding your warranty...Please, use un-common sense, and obviously this is a case by case issue, only if a lack of the aforementioned is absent.

2nd. If modifying a firearm, you'd better find a very competent smith, with a very long track record of his/her competencies. Un-common sense dictates you shouldn't be going down to Joe-Joes Dremel service down the street.

3rd. Modification severity and end user competency can dictate point of use to degree. To this point the OP hasn't exactly built a race gun with lightend springs, 3lb or less trigger pull, or modified factory safety mechanisms in any way, at least that he has uttered in his post. He simply installed an aftermarket part, manufactured from arguably superior materials, from a very reputable, long standing company.

I am an armorer with certification, all be it not an official HK Armorer. I have been into many HK pistols at this point and I personally am confident in doing so. Above and beyond that I am an Admin for my Office and personally have installed this kit on employees firearms at their request. Still a competent 5-5.5 lb trigger pull, with plenty of pre-travel on a mechanically sound defensive platform.Not exactly a race trigger in the 2-3.5 lb range. No worries and no issues.

If people want to dwell on something of importance, I think it would be on having a firm grasp the DOJ's standards for Judicious Use of Force and being competent with your firearm, and sub-competencies that are applicable to a much broader topic. But we live in a free society and this is a decision that an individual gets to make on their very own or choose to ignore all together....

I bet if you pay attention in the morning, you'll probably note you put your pants on one leg at a time, just like everyone else.
    Last edited by sabre675; 03-22-2019 at 06:13 PM.
    HK45T OD V5/6
    HK45T OD W/Standard Barrel V5/6
    HK45T Black German V5/6
    HK45 Lipseys x Dos V5/6
    HK45c HKPro Edition RAL8000
    HK45c Black V7
    HK45c OD Green X Dos V7
    HK45c Baby Poo RAL8000 V7
    HK45 RAL8000 V5/6
    P30L V1
    P30SK V1
    USP .45 V5/6

bp1
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

@BillSack Thanks for the report!

Hoping that they make one compatible with the p30 4.1 CH.
    I 4.1'ed a P30sk V1LEM. I like it better.

All reviews seem to be positive, so far on the short reset kit, from GRAYGUNs, although I believe that I have seen a couple of them for sale in Parts, here.
    Would I like it to be cheaper, $75? $50? $35? Of course.
    Last edited by bp1; 03-24-2019 at 01:03 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for the feedback all! While the um, "advice" about the prudency of carrying a modified firearm was not solicited, I choose to assume that the posters were simply looking out for my best interest by providing, whatever insight they had been provided on the topic. That said: I am more than aware of the potential problems posed by the use of a modified firearm in a defensive situation, as well as the perceived benefits of certain modifications. Its a calculated risk, and one that I choose to take on or not based on my personal situation. I also happen to be an practicing attorney, so the intricacies of self-defense (and negligence for that matter) law, I'm also well aware of.

Sometimes though guys, the post about a part is just a post ABOUT THE PART. In this case, the Grayguns kit has proved to be a simple and robust improvement to a gun that I already enjoy shooting. For those that are willing to accept ANY modification to their guns (without passing judgment one way or the other on that choice) I think its valuable as a community to be able to share our experiences and provide data for others -- for the purposes of separating the quality (read: safe and effective) upgrades from those that are not.

Thanks to all for keeping things civil and polite.

Best

-Bill
    sabre675 likes this.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gomerpyle View Post
    QfT

If the new trigger is for a range toy or for competition, yup - I'd go for the upgrade. Ive come to aprreciate the p30 - and prefer the ergos of the p30 over the vp9

If for EDC or HD, trigger is great as is. A longer reset forces you to deliberate before taking the next shot - great for SD situations.

But don't want to to be debbie downer to the OP - I know I would LOVE to try the new trigger setup. I love the p30, and am intrigued by a short reset trigger..........

Which is why we use the wife’s P227 with the Sig SRT trigger, as her nightstand HD thingy.

She knows mine, and I know hers, it’s muscle memory, once she holds mine, and I hold hers, we know the mag release, the mag count, the recoil, etc e tc.
    The more ya know.........
    Learning is hreat
    FAMILY, faithfulness, compassion, honesty, empathy, trust, hockey, single malt Scotch 21+, Heavy Metal music, German, Irish, Belgian, English bier, what else is there...?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

We don’t believe in firearms,
    Guns kill.

Sponsored Links