Gray guns USP trigger reset kit - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Gray guns USP trigger reset kit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dbealmear View Post
    Thanks for letting me know and confirming the same issue.

I have another FS USP and an HK45 that the kit should fit in and plan to try it in one or the other of them to see if it is the kit or the gun. I’ll post how it goes after that. I just can’t see anything that doesn’t look right or the same as the other gun, but I won’t work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I've been messing around a bit more with mine. I'm fairly certain the issue is the new GG control catch jamming against the firing pin safety instead of depressing it. Not sure why it is doing that, but where it is getting stuck seems to be right.

This is the position mine won't go past:

Gray guns USP trigger reset kit-fr8v4ry.png

Next step will be to remove the firing pin/block and I'm betting it goes on easy. Will report back later, wife will get on me if I start hammering roll pins this late.
    Dbealmear likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pillager View Post
    I've been messing around a bit more with mine. I'm fairly certain the issue is the new GG control catch jamming against the firing pin safety instead of depressing it. Not sure why it is doing that, but where it is getting stuck seems to be right.

This is the position mine won't go past:

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	fR8v4rY.png†
Views:	46†
Size:	172.6 KB†
ID:	245170

Next step will be to remove the firing pin/block and I'm betting it goes on easy. Will report back later, wife will get on me if I start hammering roll pins this late.
    I will have to wait until the weekend for similar reasons. I believe that is where mine stopped.

pillager likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dbealmear View Post
    I will have to wait until the weekend for similar reasons. I believe that is where mine stopped.

I have confirmed my suspicion about the firing pin block- when the block is removed (or taped down) the gun can be assembled without any problems. I have been thinking about what you said about yours being possibly thicker than your other unit so decided to measure it- on my calipers I'm seeing 0.070 inches (at the tip where it interfaces with the firing pin block) for the Gray Guns unit and 0.058 for the OEM HK. I'm not sure if it's designed to be beefier so maybe it's nothing, but just another thing to consider while you're troubleshooting.

I'm trying to eliminate all possibilities of me doing something stupid before I get in touch with Gray Guns, but I'm running out of ideas for what it could be outside an out of tolerance part.

Edit: Easier way to test- assemble gun as far as it will go, use long thin tool to depress the firing pin block safety by going through the magazine well. Once I did this, the gun is able to be assembled.
    Last edited by pillager; 11-08-2019 at 10:05 PM.
    Dbealmear likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pillager View Post
    I have confirmed my suspicion about the firing pin block- when the block is removed (or taped down) the gun can be assembled without any problems. I have been thinking about what you said about yours being possibly thicker than your other unit so decided to measure it- on my calipers I'm seeing 0.070 inches (at the tip where it interfaces with the firing pin block) for the Gray Guns unit and 0.058 for the OEM HK. I'm not sure if it's designed to be beefier so maybe it's nothing, but just another thing to consider while you're troubleshooting.

I'm trying to eliminate all possibilities of me doing something stupid before I get in touch with Gray Guns, but I'm running out of ideas for what it could be outside an out of tolerance part.

Edit: Easier way to test- assemble gun as far as it will go, use long thin tool to depress the firing pin block safety by going through the magazine well. Once I did this, the gun is able to be assembled.
    Thanks again. I will install the kit in a second FS USP this weekend and see if it works. If so, it may be something to do with the Expert slide. I donít have calipers, otherwise I would measure my first installed kit vs my second kit. Seeing as how the Expert slide fits on the FS gun and the FS slide on the Expert, I have to assume itís the part, but Iíll install it just to make sure. Iíll post when completed.

pillager likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been following this since Sunday when I finally began the conversion of my KE dated USP 40 to LEM with the GG insert. I first installed the new firing pin, new style block and the GG spring. Checked for function and it all worked just fine in V1. I then discovered I fell for the "new hammerstrut, same as the old hammerstrut". Anyways, I had the same thing with the GG catch hitting the fpsb during trial fitting. The proper hammerstrut arrived today and I just finished assembly (used my punch to push down the fpsb). Love the new trigger as it matches my p30sk with the GG kit. But, I don't like having to use a punch through the grip to assemble it.

Anyways, I'll be watching this thread to see what else comes up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just to get some data points, when did your kits ship? Mine went out on 16SEP2019.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got mine from Top Gun Supply. Shipped 10-29.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default Gray guns USP trigger reset kit

I believe I got my second kit when they had a Fatherís Day sale.

I plan to call them eventually. I just havenít had the time during the week and it is interesting to try to figure it out.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

No luck. Iím convinced the new part is thicker. If you look at their web site now they identify the parts and have a comment about possibly needing to be fitted by an armorer. I plan to call to see if there is any remedy other than fitting the part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So, with the gun assembled as far as it will go, and a flashlight pointed down the magazine well, the thickness looks to be a non-issue on my example. My earlier theory was that the thickness of the part was causing it to catch the center area of the slide (the bit that sticks down further from the rest that is flush with the FSB in it's fully extended position), but I can see a bit of daylight between that area and the GG part so I no longer think that's the case. It appears to be just jamming up against the FSB, so I'm going to investigate if it's a possible issue with geometry... Possibly the GG part doesn't go down far enough to force the FSB into the upwards position? I think my next play will be to install the original HK parts and try to measure/compare the movement/location of the part during the assembly.

This is probably something that can be solved with a couple shaves of a file... problem is figuring out where.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links