Purchasing an MP5 in the next few months
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Purchasing an MP5 in the next few months

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Purchasing an MP5 in the next few months

Really appreciate these forums and all the information here. Been a long time collector of everything HK that is semi auto. I have always wanted a filly auto MP5(variant) for my collection and now have the funds to purchase one. I have read as many threads as I can in order to educate myself on a purchase of an MP5, but still have the following questions:

1. What MP5 variant would you buy given the market today for the purposes of collecting and shooting it a little? I want to spend no more than $35k
    2. Best practices- people who have gone through the process, what tips or advice do you have? (I have purchased suppressors before, but nothing fully auto)
    3. Lessons learned- what not to buy or not to do in the process?

Any advice and thoughts from people with experience buying and owning MP5s and variants would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Buy a sear. Get someone like ghilliebear to make you a sear host. His stuff works and is not crazy overpriced.

End of discussion
    LeakyWicks likes this.
    Qualified HK Sear
    PCS mp5k
    PCS 53
    PCS 33k
    Omega mp5
    Omega SD-k
    Black Ops Defense mp5

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tpwoofs View Post
    Really appreciate these forums and all the information here. Been a long time collector of everything HK that is semi auto. I have always wanted a filly auto MP5(variant) for my collection and now have the funds to purchase one. I have read as many threads as I can in order to educate myself on a purchase of an MP5, but still have the following questions:

1. What MP5 variant would you buy given the market today for the purposes of collecting and shooting it a little? I want to spend no more than $35k
    2. Best practices- people who have gone through the process, what tips or advice do you have? (I have purchased suppressors before, but nothing fully auto)
    3. Lessons learned- what not to buy or not to do in the process?

Any advice and thoughts from people with experience buying and owning MP5s and variants would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance
    Contact Ralph @RDTS and have him make you one. Then go online to your favorite NFA site, and purchase a sear S&H, Fleming etc.,

Wait for a year, for the approval process and wallah!!!!!!

Next year, you can thank me then
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for the guidance already-was thinking about Ralph at RDTS- will start with him.
    Brad4065 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tpwoofs View Post
    Thank you for the guidance already-was thinking about Ralph at RDTS- will start with him.
    Im not on the market, but I'd contact Ralph first if I were..

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I'd be looking around, you can probability find a cut down hk94 along with the sear in that range.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

A sear is the most versatile conversion device, but a DLO pack was my preferred option.

You can save a few thousand by buying a clone host, but if you spend extra for a HK gun it will hold or increase in value.

If you think you want to shoot a lot of full auto “blasting” then for sure go with a clone. I have an M-16 that I use for blasting (and .22 conversion) so I tend to shoot my HK guns with a bit more care.

Sometimes you can find a sear and host combo that prices the host below its actual value so that may be an option if you have time to wait for a deal to develop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'd avoid the burst packs and stick with SEF. I have a DLO box which is plug and play and takes all factory HK parts. But my Fleming sear works great too. I would avoid a registered receiver gun UNLESS you get an awesome deal that is well below fair market value. And now is a good time to buy because prices are down.
    Last edited by maxfaxdude; 11-06-2019 at 05:00 AM.

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Depends. You major decision is whether a reg sear or a reg rec. gun. Im a sear man personally. Also...you say "collecting and shooting a a little"- that sounds more like a collector to me (sear owners tend to shoot a lot) . So for collector grade gun I'd buy one as close to factory specs as you can. A retuable builder who took a hk94, converted it properly...and while there is some debate on this topic- I'd buy a reg rec. double pushpin swing down lower MP5 if i were you- as a collector. Thats about as close to original and fancy as you can get. And its in your budget. You'll have to look for it though.

IF however you are a shooter...then get a reg. sear. Then if you are fancy boy get a real nice HK MP5 SBR semi as a host. Or if you are just a whore and want to blast a lot of ammo then buy a BUNCH of hosts of varying quality and non-hk make for cheap!

Those are the two roads I see. you got to pick one.

as far as the buying a MG.... have a MG owning friend help you out directly on it. expect to pay all cash upfront and then not get your gun for 12 mo. . Make sure to know if its a 2 stamp gun or one stamp paid, etc. Use a dealer and expect to pay 10%-15% more for that security. Or do it yourself which is fine- just dont get scammed. Its easy to not get scammed though. ALWAYS CALL and talk to the seller...about HKs, MGs, who they know...get to know them. Mohamed scammer from Nigeria cant hold such a conversation. Super easy. Get a proof of life pic- gun with newspaper, etc. Get a copy of the Form . Dont buy it until you do. If you present yourself as a serious buyer then a serious seller will work with you. If they dont then walk away and look elsewhere. Ive found most MG owners/sellers to be upstanding indiv and glad to talk guns and cut a easy deal. Some say get a contract in writing- fine. I wont argue although Ive never done that. If you cant go physically look at the gun then try to hit up a board member or a friend in the sellers area to look at it for you- pitch 'em a $100 . Well worth it.

Variants? Im an SEF man. Simple. I dont mess with burst, ambi, or any of that jazz. SEF is simple , standard, and moves across all the hosts the easiest- from beltfeds to SMGs.

pitfalls? The worst is if you accidentally buy a reg. rec. gun with a married sear in it while thinking you were buying a reg sear in a host.

Good luck.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Meat Hunter = sear with multiple hosts
    Trophy Hunter = registered receiver, push pin
    “Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
    — Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links