Super 42 from Geissele

Thread: Super 42 from Geissele

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Super 42 from Geissele

Anyone run or have compared the Super 42 in H3 form to a 416 10.4 buffer setup? Non vented GB. Cant find any solid posts on it.
    Last edited by bugsy_mcgee; 11-28-2019 at 04:09 AM.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have never run a Super 42 - H3 in a 416 but we use them extensively on all the suppressed team guns that were running to hard. It has become my standard spring for all guns except for traditional 300 BO builds. The good thing about the Super 42 is you can tune it to what you want. Also, Geiselle's customer service is pretty good with questions before you buy.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ordered one during Black Friday. Ill report back after a range session. Will be on my 10.4" Vented 416 Clone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I run the Super 42 on 3 different ARs including a 300 BLK pistol. I figure out what weight works best using an ODIN Works adjustable buffer weight and then adjust the Geissele weights. I talked to Geissele support and they said you can lighten the H1 if you need to by switching the weights....which I have done for using it on 300 BLK with subsonics suppressed. Do NOT use the ODIN Works buffer weight other than for initial/occasional testing, the inside diameter of the 42 Spring is not standard....and should only be used with the Geissele weight.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy_mcgee View Post
    Ordered one during Black Friday. Ill report back after a range session. Will be on my 10.4" Vented 416 Clone.
    Any updates?

I have a Super 42 on my 15.1 mid length gas NSW recce build and its smooth and quiet. Pulling the charging handle back, is like pulling it across a tub of butter. I'm afraid to pull it out and use it on my 416 as that too runs decent as is..perhaps a bit much when suppressed, but was always curious if the Super 42 would make a difference, especially since the HK spring/buffer is so strong.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I use a Super 42 in my Knights/Noveske home build rifle, it's a sweet sweet set up and has made that particular rifle one of the softest shooting rifles I own.

Sponsored Links