HK Parts Counterfeit German Diopter
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: HK Parts Counterfeit German Diopter

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Default HK Parts Counterfeit German Diopter

I've mentioned this before but with the release of the SP5 I am seeing them on social media and a lot of other places.

Back in early 2018 I ordered a German MP5 Diopter from HKParts knowing I would be converting an SP5K to PDW. I paid more than double the cost for the German HK version as opposed to the American version. What arrived was shiny and didn't look right or come in H&K packaging. I thought it was strange but figured the spare parts may be a different finish from the dull parkerized drums I have seen on German guns and kits.

Fast forward over a year and I am dropping off my SP5K and parts with a very respected H&K smith in VA. He starts to take an inventory of what I brought him and the first thing out of his mouth was "oh I see you have one of Adam's special sight drums." Said he see's them often. I imagine most buyers don't have the benefit of a second pair of eyes to confirm something is off.

I called HKparts and confronted them as this wasn’t the first time I had paid extra for German parts and been sold American knock offs. They insisted it was German (never admitted it was American) but proceeded to issue me a full refund for an item I purchased over a year prior, going so far as to write me a check as this was when their credit card system was down. The way they handled it convinced me they knew exactly what was going on, token resistance than a full refund to quiet me down.

It's been a few months and I have mentioned it on the forum before but today I saw a bunch of people on Facebook have had the same problem with "German" drums they recently purchased for their SP5s.

If you have one of their "German" drums take a look, if it's shiny instead of the H&K parkerized you have probably been had. They sell two versions of this sight, the "German" one for $65 and a knockoff for $25. The fact that this has been going on for so long and seems to be so widespread convinces me that this is more than just an innocent mistake. Very unethical.

Not my photo, but a good example of a counterfeit drum vs. a real one. The real one is installed.
    HK Parts Counterfeit German Diopter-tkmrwcu.jpg
    Last edited by freeride1; 12-15-2019 at 11:14 PM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Company is going to **** quick

HK JUNKIE
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Not surprised by this. I exhaust all other options before I resort to HKParts.

They used to be my go-to. Not anymore.
    TheJerkman likes this.
    WTB: HK94 (IG preferably)
    WTB: SP89 (IK only)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

They got me on the drum this week. Shitty. Email sent.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

They sent me the same USA model, too, for my SP5K when I paid for a German model.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Glad I saw this as I was about to order one. I've been skeptical of the HK authenticity of some expensive stuff I ordered from there before, but just figured I was being paranoid

HK JUNKIE
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nonflammable View Post
    Glad I saw this as I was about to order one. I've been skeptical of the HK authenticity of some expensive stuff I ordered from there before, but just figured I was being paranoid
    I almost ordered one last night but deleted it from my cart right before I went to checkout.

What a bunch of shysters.
    GuntherRommel likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

You guys should check out RobertRTG’s post about Hkparts...

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/rtg-part...-rebuttal.html

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes, I have been aware of Robert's post for a while. I posted this because with the SP5 release there is a tremendous demand for German diopters now, and other vendors have run dry. HKParts seems to have an endless well, because theirs are fake.

It's dishonest, unethical, probably criminal, but utterly unsurprising.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I do want to be careful not to turn this into a general bash HKparts thread as that's how these get deleted. We all know there is plenty of material there but lets keep it to the fake parts issue.

This thread ought to stay up, it's an ongoing fraud perpetrated by a vendor on this forum.

Many new guys are coming into this hobby with the availability of the SP5. It's a shame that one of their first experiences will be paying 2x as much for a fake part.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links