Wolfman or Omega 9K? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wolfman or Omega 9K?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Wolfman.... I like the modularity of the Wolfman. However the Phoenix wins the sound / cool factor!

Left to right Omega 9k, Obsidian9, Phoenix, Wolfman
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wolfman or Omega 9K?-1c3629b6-920c-4037-a40b-a2e3f8ec0552.jpeg   Wolfman or Omega 9K?-cc0b9470-fef1-44a7-b456-8166336fd699.jpeg  

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

In short configuration left to right Omega, Obsidian, Wolfman
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wolfman or Omega 9K?-51be1c33-d1f9-4b5a-8318-cc413f083834.jpeg   Wolfman or Omega 9K?-ff55b38c-c8b3-45ba-99af-a221a3b9eff4.jpeg  

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

If one is considering the Phoenix, they should also consider the titanium/stainless updated versions from Curtis Tactical. I bought the shortest one at 5.75”, is has more than double the volume of the Omega 9k and 15% more than long config Wolfman.

https://m.facebook.com/9497353751097...2595601156997/

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have three Omega 9K's in jail now that I plan to use on an MP5 SBR and a few other PCC's, but if I were buying another 9mm can today it would probably be the Wolfman. This info was posted elsewhere by the guy who likely did most of the design. I think he's comparing it to the Wolf9sd that it is replacing.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorWSO View Post
    lol those are no mount lengths.

Do you own any of them?

the old Sico external mount adds about 1.25" which added to the can dimensions (internal volume) vs a wolfmann shorter 3 lug (internally mounted).

New sico shorter mount is internal, adds to loudness vs wolfmann short can (Volume).

but I'm sure you read it on the internet
    Actually, I have a Wolfman. Thanks very much for your patronizing comment. I’ll admit that I never considered that anyone would still be using the old long Silencerco 3 lug mount with the Omega 9K, which is the only way that the 9K is longer. With the new shorter SilencerCo mount, the 9K is still shorter than the Wolfman with its 3 lug mount.
    Do you even HK, Bro?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dwillHK View Post
    Actually, I have a Wolfman. Thanks very much for your patronizing comment. I’ll admit that I never considered that anyone would still be using the old long Silencerco 3 lug mount with the Omega 9K, which is the only way that the 9K is longer. With the new shorter SilencerCo mount, the 9K is still shorter than the Wolfman with its 3 lug mount.
    and with the new one you lose internal volume, making it perform worse.

yes it was patronizing since you just posted some internet measurements which have nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you decide to go the Omega route, I learned that Tri-Lug is noticeably louder than using a DT mount. Crazy as It sounds,your essentially taking away volume by inserting the tip of the barrel into the suppressor. So if "ultimate" suppression is a key factor, DT is the best way to set up the Omega. Another plus is that Silencerco has CS second to none IMO..

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have decided to go with the Wolfman!
    Thanks for all the insights...
    Now the one-year wait!
    veritas likes this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

i got both .... the 9K is nice and tiny. run the 45K on my mp5/10. The wolfmann is very versatile, will run in full length on my mpx , my 9 mm (APC, Mp5s, space invader,) in short length, and also it will run the 9x39 ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just bought a 9k, I really like the compact size for sub gun use. Can't wait to actually shoot it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links