Which brace for SP5? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which brace for SP5?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=korgs130;3653412]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgood View Post
    I spoke with SB Tactical this AM and was told that the lower left screw inside the brace cap will prevent the unit from seating, and that the buffer does not need to be trimmed. I’ll try it out this weekend and post how it goes.
    Can you clarify. I have an SP5 and the SB HKPDW brace and I see 4 screws inside, took out the lower left one (orientation is looking into the brace) and nothing changed, still can't get it to go any further on, still about a few mm off - can't get holes to line up for pin. Am I doing something wrong?
    "AHH BUCKLE THIS! LUDICROUS SPEED! GO!!!"

-HK Mark 23, HK USP .45 Tactical, HK USP .45, HK USP 45 Compact SS Slide, HK USP .45 Compact, HK USP .40, HK USP .40 Compact, HK USP 9, HK USP 9 Compact, HK45c, HK P30 .40, HK P2000 9, HK P2000SK LEM V2 .40, HK P30SKS, HK VP9 LE, HK VP40 LE

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I tried mine again with the trigger housing removed and saw clearly that the full auto block in the frame made contact with the rubber buffer. I drilled out that part, and it looked like the lower left screw was the culprit as the SB Tactical person told me. I removed the screw and it still does not fit...... Very frustrated.......

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gt40doc View Post
    I purchased the Safety Harbor retractable unit with a Tailhook Brace for my Z5RS. I could not be more pleased with this unit. They are not cheap, but are very well built and sturdy......a class act!!
    Can you post a pic?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I FINALLY got the brace to fit after slightly beveling the edges of the end cap and removing some metal and anodizing on the inside. (This was after drilling out some of the rubber buffer (SB Tactical said this was not necessary, but it was) and removing the lower left screw (per SB Tactical’s guidance). I used fine Emory paper and then 800 and 1500 grit wet/dry sandpaper to remove the metal and “polish” the interior surfaces.

If anyone has similar issues with theirs being too tight, it appeared that the machining on the lower flat had some inconsistencies - which show up as bright spots in the photo. You might check for those on yours.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/eyd6crii/

Now that it is installed, I am very happy with it. It locks up very solid and seems to function great.
    Last edited by Bgood; 03-16-2020 at 08:55 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links