Solum Tool P30/VP9 +5 Mag Extensions

Thread: Solum Tool P30/VP9 +5 Mag Extensions

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Solum Tool P30/VP9 +5 Mag Extensions

Hey guys,

In looking at all the Mag extension options I came across Solum Tool. A small company out of the Midwest specializing in HK specific magazine parts.

I have been really impressed so far so I threw together a quick overview video in case anyone else was interested.

In no way affiliated just like seeing small companies Making great products succeed.

https://youtu.be/MWzV_IEx0WA
    Last edited by Graves14; 02-02-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

What always concerns me is the goofy ways aftermarket extensions have to attach. Be it Taran's pin/set screw nonsense or a screw-on plate in the back or in this case the set screws. Granted, I've seen some factory P30/VP9 mags pop their base pad and dump ammo everywhere, It makes me uneasy to have magazines with screws...especially given that such extensions like to make note of the weight added (for a harder impact when dropped...even empty).

Great aesthetics though...probably some of the least offensive extensions I've seen. I like how they allow for some compression (noting they could potentially fit 6 in the +5).

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I think this system is the best I’ve seen so far.

All 3 screws are captured in place, seem to have some sort of thread lock on them, and with 2 set on the lip of the magazine, and one trapping the extension from sliding off, I really don’t see them going anywhere.

I’ll let you know in a few thousand rounds

Sponsored Links