PTR Customer Service SUCKS!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: PTR Customer Service SUCKS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First thing I did after getting my 9KT was put HK ejector, extractor and extractor spring. Runs awesome.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Just be aware......

I had extractor break after 700 rounds. Also my firing pin was bent. Good chance it's not just the extractor.

Send it in you will be better off. I sent mine in with a 3 week turn around. I just got it back a few days ago.

Extractor, firing pin and Bolt were all replaced.

There may be more issues than what you think or what you see. Just given you some thoughts.

Something may have caused that extractor aside from poor quality parts. I have not retest ed mine yet but they say they fired 90 rounds and tested fine once these 3 parts were replaced.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well just got an email reply from them after I sent one yesterday asking them to explain why they won’t ship the extractor.

“Yes, I am telling you I am not allowed to ship.”

And I’m guessing that’s that with them. I do hope if anything where to happen with it I can just buy the parts and fix it because if I get real major encounters with it I’m probably gonna cut it in have and go about my way. So now to order an extractor.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

PTR is a hot mess LOL. Almost need to do the old Bailey gun mod and just replace the entire BCG with H&K right off the bat. I would not touch one of these guns with a 10 ft pole.

Every gun forum I am on has steady reports of problems from different PTR owners. And then the classic "SP5 worth it over the PTR?."

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy1305 View Post
    Well just got an email reply from them after I sent one yesterday asking them to explain why they won’t ship the extractor.

“Yes, I am telling you I am not allowed to ship.”

And I’m guessing that’s that with them. I do hope if anything where to happen with it I can just buy the parts and fix it because if I get real major encounters with it I’m probably gonna cut it in have and go about my way. So now to order an extractor.
    Are they wanting you to ship the firearm back for repairs?

It is not unheard of to have manufactures refuse to ship replacement parts. They want to install parts to avoid liability issues.
    djohns11 likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

They don’t want me to ship the gun back to check it out as well as they don’t want to ship the part to me.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Wait....what the hell? They dont "want" you to send the gun back? You may have already done this but I think I would ask to speak to someone different in an upward direction, as in a supervisor or manager. I just had an instance myself (not with PTR) where I had to call and ask for a part. I wanted to install myself and it was a non critical part (furniture actually). I place my order by phone, and I use specific part numbers on 12/20/19 and a week and a half later no ship notice. I call and talk to the same "rep" and I am told "oh I am so sorry I will get it shipped right now", I again reference the part numbers because I am a little worried based on the service so far. Two days later I get a ship notice. Package arrives and its the wrong part!! I try calling 2 times leaving VMs and I dont get called back. I send an email and I get answered by a different "rep" and I am told just keep that part we will send you the right item. I send them the part numbers and an actual picture of the part. I am told "ok got it" and 4 days later still no ship notice. I email again and I am told "shipping dept is really backed up we will get it out now Sir". Get a ship notice package arrives and well I'll be dam%ed its the SAME WRONG PART AGAIN!! I now blow the phone up and finally talk to a "supervisor" and I verbally describe the part, I also email the pictures and part numbers to him for reference, to his credit he apologized repeatedly and told me "there are issues in the picking and shipping dept" so 2 weeks later I get the right part and a return label for the other parts I told them I did not want nor need. I returned the wrong parts and somewhere around a month to a month and a half I get the right $22.00 part. NEVER again at least until I NEED something right? LOL My point is I intentionally held them accountable....maybe silly to some folks for a $22.00 part but to me I was like OH HELLZ NO....GAME ON!! I hate your having this experience and I am for sure tuned in because I am a PTR owner and I honestly am a little troubled by this....good luck and keep us posted if you decide to MAKE them do right.
    Last edited by MSOGDAWG; 02-12-2020 at 02:00 PM.
    UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS 0311/8152 - TX AIR GUARD SECURITY FORCES CATM
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The rep that I was in contact with is the parts department manager. I don’t thing he will let me go any higher than him but I’ll give it a go and try to be in contact with some higher up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just got off the phone with a supervisor over at PTR and basically it was “no, nope, sorry. We will not ship the part to you” i guess that’s that with them. Now I got to start finding replacement parts just in case.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

WOW thats craptacular
    UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS 0311/8152 - TX AIR GUARD SECURITY FORCES CATM
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links