PTR Customer Service SUCKS!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: PTR Customer Service SUCKS!!!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy1305 View Post
    Just got off the phone with a supervisor over at PTR and basically it was “no, nope, sorry. We will not ship the part to you” i guess that’s that with them. Now I got to start finding replacement parts just in case.
    But what about shipping the gun back to them for warranty work?

I can't say for certain but I don't believe we are getting the whole story here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    djohns11 and Nehalemguy like this.
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Does anyone know if you can "hot swap" another bolt such as a RCM into a PTR? It looks like most issues center around the PTR bolt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ok guys since I’m gonna buy spares (just in case anything else breaks). What bolt should I get? I would like to get something I can easily acquire parts for.

Here’s a couple of pics of the PTR bolt

Last edited by Bigguy1305; 02-12-2020 at 05:23 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

If you are swapping bolts on your dime if you want to go Less expensive but quality go with RCM or stalk the boards and gunbroker looking for a deal.

IF you want HK go that route. (Others could speak to POF or Zenith)

If HK you will need to decide which generation bolt you are going with. The better developed are the action 3, but the latest and greatest is the F bolt but their costs will reflect that.

Consider your budget and look at where you want to take it.

You will want/need to replace your locking peice if its a PTR. This is the biggest criticism of PTR is their quality control on internal parts so just get the HK or RCM Locking peice at the same time instead of gambling on if it is to spec. Your firing pin spring appears to be an F type so you should be good to go there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I just finished checking the bolt gap just to check and .019 fit fine but .020 went half way. I know it’s supposed to be from .018-.020 but half way in at .020 sure got me questioning.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gulfstategaurd View Post
    If you are swapping bolts on your dime if you want to go Less expensive but quality go with RCM or stalk the boards and gunbroker looking for a deal.

IF you want HK go that route. (Others could speak to POF or Zenith)

If HK you will need to decide which generation bolt you are going with. The better developed are the action 3, but the latest and greatest is the F bolt but their costs will reflect that.

Consider your budget and look at where you want to take it.

You will want/need to replace your locking peice if its a PTR. This is the biggest criticism of PTR is their quality control on internal parts so just get the HK or RCM Locking peice at the same time instead of gambling on if it is to spec. Your firing pin spring appears to be an F type so you should be good to go there.

I’m torn in which to choose. I know the F is the new version but $500 for it is way too much. the action 3, I can’t seem to find them new. I can get a used one for $200. But then again. Which one of them is easier in getting parts for?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

.20 is not a true reading, if you have the muscle you can force a gauge in there, you are probably between .18-19 in reality. So try not to overthink it or you will be questioning everthing on your rifle. Swap your bolt, check the gap to verify, and happily enjoy time on the range with it again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

parts are readily available for both from multiple sources.

I just installed a action 3 roller wire retainer in an RCM bolt I had acquired. THAT was a learning curve. I had ordered the parts to complete it when another member had posted up an F bolt at a good price. So both the parts and f bolt arrived simultaneously. So the RCM action 3 is going in the spares kit in case of emergency and the F bolt is now on the carrier.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkshooterusp View Post

I can't say for certain but I don't believe we are getting the whole story here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I'm here to tell you SOMETHING AIN'T RIGHT.

PTR paid for my shipping and asked me to ship entire rifle, case, everything. 3 weeks later my PTR came back with a new extractor, firing pin and Bolt.

Again.. I may complain about some of these parts being poor quality only lasting 700 rounds...but.... PTR took good care of me and replaced damaged components.

Again they had me ship rifle and all included items with case. They said if it was a serious problem they would just send me a new one.

Only problem I found was extractor and firing pin. If I would have just replaced that... Problem may still be ongoing. I didn't realize bolt needed replaced.

So sending firearm could be beneficial to have them look it all over.

Finding it hard to believe that they will not pay for shipping on your firearm. I had ZERO issues getting UPS call tag and dropping it off at UPS.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    djohns11 likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkshooterusp View Post

This. PTR is well known for lifetime warranty.
    "Amat victoria curam"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links