FRANKLIN ARMORY binary trigger in a SP5K
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: FRANKLIN ARMORY binary trigger in a SP5K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default FRANKLIN ARMORY binary trigger in a SP5K

Have any of you guys ever installed one in your SP5K or MP5 if so how hard was it to install and are you happy with it? I watched all the YouTube videos in Googled everything I could find on it and it seems like some guys are happy with it and some guys are not so I figured I would come right to the source.
    Thanks
    Mike
    Roller Slav likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have one that I swap components out between a 91, 93, and a handful of 94s/Clones. It takes a bit of cadence to get used to it. The trigger itself is surprisingly nice.

It is fun to run fast RPM, but I certainly don't use the binary action all gung ho every time. It's fun for the camera and it's there if one needs it.

https://hkparts.net/product/bfsiii-h...oup-p18533.htm

I purchased the assembled-by-order from hkparts. It's not that difficult to do it yourself though.

Slav
    Glocking26 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I have one in SP5k, and another in my HK91.

They are good to go. Takes a bit of getting used to if you are accustomed to riding the reset and doing normal double-taps. That actually hinders you with a binary trigger. It's just a different feel. Can be fun.

I rarely use it to just mag dump, but its pretty easy to do 4-round bursts, and I find it more controllable and accurate than real full-auto because I can get my sights back towards where I want before I release the trigger. Basically, since I can control the cadence I can group the shots better while still going quite fast.
    Glocking26 likes this.
    Own: HK91, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, USP SD, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: SP5? Assuming I can find an honest seller.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks guys for the reply’s.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Glocking26 View Post
    Have any of you guys ever installed one in your SP5K or MP5 if so how hard was it to install and are you happy with it? I watched all the YouTube videos in Googled everything I could find on it and it seems like some guys are happy with it and some guys are not so I figured I would come right to the source.
    Thanks
    Mike
    Sure is a quick way to get 2/3 of the way to 922R compliance . Not sure HKParts has the best price on that.
    Glocking26 likes this.

HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ecsuser View Post
    Sure is a quick way to get 2/3 of the way to 922R compliance . Not sure HKParts has the best price on that.

+1 on both accounts. Unfortunately the usual go to places for the super deal on one are OOS.
    ecsuser and Glocking26 like this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chargerdude70 View Post
    +1 on both accounts. Unfortunately the usual go to places for the super deal on one are OOS.
    https://www.riflegear.com/p-9618-fra...3-and-mp5.aspx

found one in stock for $699
    Chargerdude70 and Glocking26 like this.

HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ecsuser View Post

Sorry, I dont have Oakland County money. I'm a Lapeer County price kind of guy.
    Glocking26 likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chargerdude70 View Post
    Sorry, I dont have Oakland County money. I'm a Lapeer County price kind of guy.
    You suck - coming from the guy who has more SP5 variants than I have fingers on one hand.
    Glocking26 and Chargerdude70 like this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Glocking26 View Post
    Thanks
    Mike
    I have one I use for when I shoot steel matches as I like the shorter trigger pull and it breaks clean in standard SA over the standard HK trigger. I have also been able to better my times in matches when using it on stages where double taps are called for.

Its a purpose built trigger, and if your goal is a better SA trigger pull or more match specific like me then I would say its great, but I dont think if I would buy it for burning up copious amounts of ammo.
    ecsuser and Glocking26 like this.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links