HK P30 Last Place??? Me? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: HK P30 Last Place??? Me?

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You did ask for input, right? All suggestions given will harm neither your skill nor your pistols.

What do you have to loose?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by newraptor2000 View Post
    You did ask for input, right? All suggestions given will harm neither your skill nor your pistols.

What do you have to loose?
    I know, I am just butt hurt that I shot better with the Glock than the HK the first time around. My Trijicon HD's came in the mail for my P30. Do you think I should put them on before my next range trip or leave the stock sights on until I get things figured out?
    "We shoot first, it's better to give than receive."

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Haven't read all the comments, as I'm dyslexic.
    1) Low left is classic right handed User Error.
    2) HKs use cover up sighting.
    So many folks new to them aim and hit low.
    3) HKs LEM, although technically DAO, works more like a hybrid SA to me.
    There's miles of light pre-travel, followed by a distinct wall and consistent break.
    Rather than use the full travel of the trigger.
    I naturally suck up the pre-travel to the wall and squeeze the trigger from there.
    Then ride the reset and squeeze again for follow-up shots.
    Not ever letting the trigger travel all the way back out.
    This allows me very accurate and controlled rapid fire.

I have a Glock and two Sig SRT guns as well.
    And can easily match them with my HK Light LEM guns.

LEM can take some range time for some folks to dial in.
    Don't give up on it too quickly.
    Good Luck!
    Last edited by Barth; 07-04-2013 at 03:15 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Trijicons do help. They feel crisper to me as they have a bright while outer ring, and then the inner vial with the tritium. Are you shooting with both eyes open and breathing normally as is normal and consistent with pistol shooting?
    HK P30 9mm
    HK imported Benelli M1S90
    HK SL8-6 converted by Tom Bostic

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you are not use to shooting HK's then get more range time shooting (using proper techniques previously explained). I let my buddy shoot my P2000 V3 and he missed the target with all 13 rounds (he had no previous experience shooting a HK trigger). Laughed at it after shooting saying I wasted my money, I then picked it up and shot the center out of the target. Shoot some lighter loads and practice.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic" Benjamin Franklin

NRA Patron Member

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I did the same thing first time out with a LEM. It is a big adjustment from other triggers. I got back to the fundementals with some dry firing. I rexamined and adjusted my grip and stance. Most of all i worked on trigger pull. Like magic next time out i was killing it with the LEM. I nearly adjusted the sights after the first trip. I am glad I didn't. It is hard to assess yourself honestly. Being able to do it is an advantage that fewer and fewer people have these days. Practice a bit more especially some dry fire with snap caps i am sure you will sort it out. Or you can just sale it nobody here will be offended. I am sure one of us would be happy to buy it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Haven't read all the comments, as I'm dyslexic.
    1) Low left is classic right handed User Error.
    2) HKs use cover up sighting.
    So many folks new to them aim and hit low.
    3) HKs LEM, although technically DAO, works more like a hybrid SA to me.
    There's miles of light pre-travel, followed by a distinct wall and consistent break.
    Rather than use the full travel of the trigger.
    I naturally suck up the pre-travel to the wall and squeeze the trigger from there.
    Then ride the reset and squeeze again for follow-up shots.
    Not ever letting the trigger travel all the way back out.
    This allows me very accurate and controlled rapid fire.

I have a Glock and two Sig SRT guns as well.
    And can easily match them with my HK Light LEM guns.

LEM can take some range time for some folks to dial in.
    Don't give up on it too quickly.
    Good Luck!
    Good advise, I did the same and pressed the pre travel until I hit that wall. I will be back at the range within a few days and will take and apply all the tips given on here. I was just expecting the HK and I to be "one" the first time out. Thanks guys!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Funny thing is my P30 gives me low and left problems too. Now before you all start in on the "classic right handed shooting error" BS or tell me to shoot more, I have 10 HK pistols, most are the same DA/SA setup and I don't have problems with them. My Hk45 and 45C are dead nuts for me at 25 feet. My Expert 45, Stainless USP 9mm and Elite 9mm are tack drivers. The I pick up the P30 and I'm low and left. I may try the bigger backstrap or drift the sights a little.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Regarding the SIG:

Kyle Defoor - Sig Handgun Tip
    Sig's come with factory #8 sights front and rear. Unfortunately, the #8's do not shoot point of aim, point of impact. Sig designed the sights to shoot where the white dot is, which is mid way up the front sight post.
    This poses a problem to the marksman who's used to POA/POI, or an even 6 o'clock hold. Tactically, your covering up your intended target. The problem only worsens as you back up past 25 yds.
    The solution is to replace with aftermarket sights, like Heine's for example, or to replace with a different number front post from Sig.

OP, my HK's took A LOT of work (on my part) to get used to before I saw the effects of snatching/slapping the trigger started to fade, and it still rear's it's ugly head from time to time. Stick with it, and consider some professional instruction to help guide you along. Finally, don't get too attached to a particular gun. If it turns out the Glock (or whatever) really is the gun you shoot best, do yourself a favor and roll with it...the people at HK will lose no sleep and I don't think anyone here (whose opinion would matter) is going to think any less of you for choosing what works best for YOU.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ubetit View Post
    Funny thing is my P30 gives me low and left problems too. Now before you all start in on the "classic right handed shooting error" BS or tell me to shoot more, I have 10 HK pistols, most are the same DA/SA setup and I don't have problems with them. My Hk45 and 45C are dead nuts for me at 25 feet. My Expert 45, Stainless USP 9mm and Elite 9mm are tack drivers. The I pick up the P30 and I'm low and left. I may try the bigger backstrap or drift the sights a little.
    I am thinking it's the gun too but I will give it more time and see. I'm thinking even if I was slapping the trigger it would not of been that drastic compared to the others. When I noticed how I was shooting I took my time applying the fundamentals and I was still off but we will see.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links