HK P30 Last Place??? Me?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30 Last Place??? Me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK P30 Last Place??? Me?

So I went to the range yesterday with three new pistols that I have not shot yet. All NIB from factory, HK P30 Light LEM, Glock 19, and a SIG 226 (SRT Trigger). Going into the session I WANTED the HK to shoot the best because it just felt like “the one” to me. After the range session the HK placed last. =-( See pictures below. All targets were placed at 30ft and are about the size of a baseball. Shots neither were rapid fire nor were they slow fire, 7 rounds shot at a steady consistent pace. Using the 3 different triggers and jumping from one to the other did not bother me either.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

HK P30
    The only thing I could think is that my sights were off. On other slow fire targets my groups were tight but were low and left. My buddy shot it and he had the same results. I had no problems but he did have 1 FTE! The confusing part was when I did rapid fire my shots were pretty much center mass which makes me think I could have been doing something wrong. I felt comfortable with the trigger so I know I was not jerking or anticipating the shot.

Glock 19
    Going into this range session I wanted the Glock to be the one I shot the worst so I could sell it, buy ammo and holsters for my P30. I don’t like the grip, or the way it points but I shoot it well and it is accurate. Unless I get better with the HK the Glock is a keeper.

SIG 226
    Out of the 3, shooting the SIG was by far my favorite. It felt so natural, E2 grip felt great, pointed well, minimal recoil, felt like it lined back up on target by itself, just smooth all around. I had no problem going from DA/SA and that SRT is nice! The only problem I have is to figure out how to conceal that big ol gun. Being 6'3 240 I should be able to do so.
    I will be going back to the range at the end of the week and will shoot the HK again. Hopefully the problem works itself out. The Glock was $420 and the HK was $877 but the HK did not shoot twice as good or even equal to the Glock. I really want the P30 for my carry gun but so far it is the last I would pick up at the moment. Which sucks!
    Last edited by ShootinHotLoads; 07-03-2013 at 05:25 PM.
    "We shoot first, it's better to give than receive."

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)

Low and left means you were flinching when shooting the P30. LEM trigger needs some practice to master.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Noticed with the Glock you were hitting a bit to the left. I think you'd probably have the same grouping if the P30 target was in the middle of the sheet. If you are set on the P30 go for it and practice :) You can always use a laser bore or bench to see if the sights are off.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    Low and left means you were flinching when shooting the P30. LEM trigger needs some practice to master.
    Stated eariler I am almost positive I was not flinching, if I was not that much to miss like that. I took my time on many targets with the same result. I felt very comfortable with the LEM.
    Last edited by ShootinHotLoads; 07-03-2013 at 06:10 PM.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We're you using a cover hold with the HK? Consistent left...I would guess not enough finger on the trigger. If you are using a cover hold, I would guess anticipation of the recoil would explain the low shots.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)

My suggestion is the next time you go to the range, bring only the P30. Shooting many different triggers (Sig, Block, HK, etc.) one after another will make it worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by newraptor2000 View Post
    We're you using a cover hold with the HK? Consistent left...I would guess not enough finger on the trigger. If you are using a cover hold, I would guess anticipation of the recoil would explain the low shots.
    I held all three pistols the same way, thumbs forward grip, same amount of finger in each trigger also. Once I seen how I was shooting I made sure I was fundamentally sound and I produced the same results. This was my 1st time with all three pistols. I almost sure if it was me I would have simular results with each.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShootinHotLoads View Post
    Stated eariler I am almost positive I was not flinching, if I was not that much to miss like that.
    The targets indicate otherwise.
    Guessing you're a right-handed shooter; blowin' hot loads low and left = trigger flinch.

Try some dry practice and get used to the break on the P30.
    ----
    //

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Straight from HK:

SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Left handed or right handed? Not sure where I originally found this, but it's branded by sportshooter O_o...

Correcting handgun shooting problems | Stuff From Hsoi

Print out a stack of these, do 10 shots per target, make sure you're only using the pad of your index finger when you pull the trigger, use the thumbs forward method, and use your off-hand to support your firing hand by wrapping around it. Once you get used to the trigger you'll be fine, don't adjust the sights unless you verify that they are in fact off.

Here's the right handed image:
    HK P30 Last Place??? Me?-correction_chart.gif
    HK P30 9mm
    HK imported Benelli M1S90
    HK SL8-6 converted by Tom Bostic

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links