P2000, instant favorite.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: P2000, instant favorite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P2000, instant favorite.

I picked up a P2000 the other day for 475, very lightly used, it was owned by some nature of Law enforcement agency, and had a bullet log that came with it that detailed their testing results on the gun, and their inevitable decision to go with a Glock 19 over it. They fired the gun 141 times, which I believe, because it doesn't have a scratch on it, not even the barrel. Best deal on an HK I ever got.

Took it to the range twice this week to get a feel for it. I own a USP Compact, and a P30, there's just something about the P2000 that really fits with me, it reminds me more of the USP than the P30, despite the similarities in slide, and de-cocker. I love the lack of safety/side de-cocker as it allows for a more comfortable carry in a soft leather holster, the soft texture on the side of the gun makes it a dream to carry,and the large blackstrap feels like it was tailored for my hand. I started carrying it three days after I got it, which is an absolute record for me. Very very pleased.

Thanks HK.
    "Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential."
    Bruce Lee

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Nice buy!! At $475 and BC date barely used, you can't beat that. Congrats!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Awesome find. I have to ask because this of particular interest to me, because I am considering either a P30 or P2000 as my next purchase, how does the trigger on your P2000 compare to your USP compact, specifically the distance you have to let the trigger back out for it to reset in single action?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)

Congratulations on the newest acquisition, and thanks for the report!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetal1911 View Post
    Awesome find. I have to ask because this of particular interest to me, because I am considering either a P30 or P2000 as my next purchase, how does the trigger on your P2000 compare to your USP compact, specifically the distance you have to let the trigger back out for it to reset in single action?
    Personally I would say the trigger is more like the USP's which I prefer to the P30. The reset is pretty short. I know a lot of people on here get trigger work done, but I don't mind the factory HK DA/SA trigger at all, it's part of what made me love the guns to begin with.

My thoughts on the P2000 vs the P30, is that the P2000 is a better IWB carry gun, which is what I bought it for. The P30 would better as a duty weapon, though I've carried it many hundreds of times. It's a bit more tricky to get it not to print, the grip is very long.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChefOTheRuler View Post
    ..I know a lot of people on here get trigger work done, but I don't mind the factory HK DA/SA trigger at all, it's part of what made me love the guns to begin with...
    Yeah!! Know what you mean. I've never had trigger work done on any of my HKs, and I've learned to use them all (DA/SA, LEM, striker). To me, it's all about variety.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Awesome, thanks for the info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have to say if Hk made a threaded barrel for the P2000 I would just get two standard ones and a "tactical" for all of my 9mm Hk needs. The trigger reset is so-so but the break is excellent on my light LEM. Only changes made to mine are a flat base pad, Hk45C mag release, and trijicon HD sights. Fits my hand like a glove and shoots like a laser.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Cool Hk P2000 357

Congratulations!

Own many models of Hk.
    But my prefered carry gun is a P2000 357.
    For me it's effortless to shoot well at close range.
    And dreamy to carry concealed.
    IMHO a very underrated Hk sidearm.
    Last edited by Barth; 05-22-2017 at 02:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P2000, instant favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Kmcswain45 View Post
    I have to say if Hk made a threaded barrel for the P2000 I would just get two standard ones and a "tactical" for all of my 9mm Hk needs. The trigger reset is so-so but the break is excellent on my light LEM. Only changes made to mine are a flat base pad, Hk45C mag release, and trijicon HD sights. Fits my hand like a glove and shoots like a laser.
    Yea, my flat base pad magazine, extended mag release, and meprolights came in the mail Friday. I'll have my shop install the sights this week. Shot it once more, I can say definitively this shelved my P228, USPc, and P30 as carry guns and ended my rotation of pistols. I think I may get the SK next.

HKParts was sold out of the bobbed hammers, they do however have the "LEM Hammer", am I able to install that on a DA/SA pistol?
    Last edited by ChefOTheRuler; 05-22-2017 at 07:53 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links